Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Jeep I am picking up has cuts and tears in the rear window and drivers side window for the soft top. Anyone know anything good to repair them? The drivers window is about 4 inches and the rear is about 12.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Clear packing tape lol. Iv seen epoxy glue spread over the cuts before. Nothing elce that I can think of that you can really do besides replacing the windows

·
Registered
236 Posts
I used clear packaging tape to fix small tear and it works well. Dosent leak and blends in well enough...the tops never on unless a storm is coming anyway. I use a hard top in winter.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I used clear packaging tape to fix small tear and it works well. Dosent leak and blends in well enough...the tops never on unless a storm is coming anyway. I use a hard top in winter.
I'm looking at getting a hard top for winter. Would I need new doors or is there a kit for glass windows?

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
You can get hard uppers for your half doors to work with the hardtop, but they cost about the same as a decent set of full doors

·
Registered
15 Posts
I would defiantly be on the lookout for some full doors if you are going to a hard top. CL and eBay are a good start...and you might get luck at a salvage yard.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts