Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a person interested in buying my soft top windows from an OEM replacement soft top [07-09] I bought from Smittybilt but the buyer has a 2012 two-door. I was wondering if the windows would still fit as I know the tops are not compatible with each other due to the new rail system on there Jeep.

·
Registered
362 Posts
The windows will not work on the newer style top and vice-versa. The newer top is backward compatible with your year jeep. I did this. I got a great deal here from a fellow forum member on a top off a 2016.
:drinks:

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
I have a person interested in buying my soft top windows from an OEM replacement soft top [07-09] I bought from Smittybilt but the buyer has a 2012 two-door. I was wondering if the windows would still fit as I know the tops are not compatible with each other due to the new rail system on there Jeep.
You would have to see if they will fit. Some of the aftermarket soft top manufacturers have slightly different cuts to the dimensions of their windows.

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
2011+ windows are larger than 07-10. As stated, will not work.

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
2011+ windows are larger than 07-10. As stated, will not work.
The back windows are larger but I'm pretty sure that Mopar OEM and Bestop Replace-A-Top side windows are the same. If you go from Mopar-Bestop to another brand there might be differences. I just recently saw a Smittybilt top and the side window zipper pulls were larger than the OEM. Not sure if there were other differences but as I mentioned before the side window dimensions might be different. When I replaced my soft top I considered Q-tech's new Mastertop brand and was told my Q-tech that if I went that direction that the Bestop replacement window sets would not fit a Mastertop.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts