Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had some dirt on my back window and washed it with water and a cloth...its all scratched..what can I do??

Man its brand new...how bad is this.....I can't believe how easy these scratch

·
Registered
684 Posts
You could try a cleaner/scratch remover like the NOVUS 7100 Plastic Polish Kit*Amazon.com: NOVUS 7100 Plastic Polish Kit - 8 oz.: Automotive that I use. If the scratches are deep; it won't help much, though.
You could replace the window(Bestop sells replacements that are cheaper than OEM).
Or, you can try to ignore them, because scratched vinyl windows are inevitable. They will continue to get scratched: It's a Jeep(Wrangler soft top) thing.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow..I'll try it

The top is BRAND new,,,I just put it on a week ago..............:censored:

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
Accept it. They look better with scratches anyway. Jeeps are supposed to be scuffed and scratched. Jeeps look better dirty too. True story.

·
Super Moderator
23,754 Posts
If you look at soft top windows wrong they scratch. Wait until a bird shits on it and it etches it.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
The windows are vinyl and the 'new' appearance lasts about as long as until the neighborhood birds discover your new Jeep.

Try Plexus plastic polish first. If that doesn't work, then try Novus plastic polish [three different grades] after that.

Keep in mind that all you will be doing is delaying the inevitable.

·
Super Moderator
23,754 Posts
The windows are vinyl and the 'new' appearance lasts about as long as until the neighborhood birds discover your new Jeep.

Try Plexus plastic polish first. If that doesn't work, then try Novus plastic polish [three different grades] after that.

Keep in mind that all you will be doing is delaying the inevitable.

X2 probably the best thing you can do is take a dry dirty rag and wipe them down so you quit worrying about them lol.

·
Premium Member
4,954 Posts
A quick fix is Pledge furniture polish. It will semi hide them for a while.

·
Banned
127 Posts
This weekend, I noticed some swirl marks on the windows of my soft top. I used the Camco 210 Plastic Cleaner/Polish, and 210 Plus Plastic Scratch Remover. I was VERY impressed with the results!!

But, if you have really deep scratches I'm not sure if this will work. It's worth giving it a shot.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Same thing happened to mine. Using the Novus stuff today and will let you know how that works. Problem is that all the dirt that gets kicked up by the rear tires coats the back window. Anyone use rain x or something to keep debris from sticking?

·
Registered
833 Posts
Don't just focus on the cleaner or protectant. What's truly important is what type of cloth you wash, wipe, dry, or polish with. One thing to remember, is NEVER, NEVER use paper towels on them....or your paint...or even your glasses, as they will surely scratch. I've had great success with old T-shirts (not with printing or pictures)..just the plain cotton T's. Baby diapers of the old fashioned type are excellent. BTW, drying your vehicle after washing, I use a leaf blower and finish off with micro-fiber towels. It cuts back on hard water streaking and spotting.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Novus works like a champ! I washed the entire jeep and even a soft cloth and soapy water didn't get all of the dirt off the back window. I then dried it and used the cleaner with the enclosed wipes. Got all of the dirt off. The back window was pitted from all of the debris getting thrown up. I used the #2 polish and it got the window looking pretty close to new. I used a was applicator pad and soft towel for the polish.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks

Novus works like a champ! I washed the entire jeep and even a soft cloth and soapy water didn't get all of the dirt off the back window. I then dried it and used the cleaner with the enclosed wipes. Got all of the dirt off. The back window was pitted from all of the debris getting thrown up. I used the #2 polish and it got the window looking pretty close to new. I used a was applicator pad and soft towel for the polish.

I am picking up Novus tomorrow and will try it...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts