Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know how to clean the soft top window plastic without scratching them too badly? I can't really see out of mine anymore..

·
The Bad Guy
23,248 Posts
Bestop window cleaner. After all they are the ones who made them.

·
Premium Member
898 Posts
Anyone know how to clean the soft top window plastic without scratching them too badly? I can't really see out of mine anymore..
If ya can't see out of them for safety sake their probably to far gone to bring back? Read here on a previous thread members have used a high speed buffer carefully.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Thanks! I was just wondering myself. the top on the TJ I just bought is only a few months old but the windows are filthy and I didnt want to ruin them washing them. The PO did warn me not to roll up the rear window dirty.

·
Registered
113 Posts
If they're just dirty, not scratched, then I would recommend the Bestop cleaner or Plexus. If they are scratched and/or hazy, then something like the Novus products (scratch remover, polish) would be better. Also, whatever product you chose to clean them, it's best to use a clean microfiber or other soft cloth, like an old cotton t-shirt or diaper. Do not use paper towels....they will scratch the windows.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts