Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thank you for being here, I hope someone can help. In July 2020 I ordered a new 2021 4 door Rubicon, she is lovely, I picked her up in November 2020. At the time I lived in Maryland and ordered the soft top accessory which came in a very large box in the trunk.

Fast forward to July 2021, I have now moved to Florida and this weekend removed hard top and took soft top out of box. I slowly followed each instruction putting all pieces onto the car and them the top itself. It doesn’t close! not quite! See picture, it is about an inch short. It seems the fabric is stretched too tight and I read it can make it easier if I leave in the sun. It is 95 here and all day in the sun didn’t help.

I called my friendly Maryland dealer who had said if I have any issues come back in and they will show me how it’s done, however its. 962
mile drive.
I took it to two local dealers who were appalling, “you didn’t buy it here, can’t help”
“You voided the warranty when you installed yourself”
“You bent the frame” but can’t show me where. It came directly out of the box
“They gave you the wrong top” this turned out to be wring statement.

any suggestions?

·
Retired Moderator
102,504 Posts
Welcome to the Forum, from Cave Creek AZ.
Yep, the heat from the sun, is your best friend.

Reactions: Scottjeep2021

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Looks like you got the premium top. In my experience with the premium tops, they are much less temperature dependent than the standard tops, so leaving it in the sun will help some, but not significantly.

I recently installed a soft top on my 2 door JL. It was definitely tight the first time closing it. The first thing that I would check is to be sure the rear portion of the top is latched on both sides so that only the sun rider portion of the top will fold. Then push the latch forward. It will bring the hook closer to the loop. Mine took quite a bit of pressure the first time. Once you get one hooked, the second one is much easier.

If you want to watch a video to ensure you have everything else done, Quadratec.com has a video for the JLU soft top installation that may be helpful.

Best of luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for your replies, unfortunately still not closing so I am taking it back to the original dealer in Maryland ☹

1 - 5 of 5 Posts