Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey forum as you can tell from the title yes i floor a new soft top and yes it is a Rampage soft top. Well first of all i wanted a top that was easy to take off during the summer, and back on for the cold southern California winters lol yes i said it winter lol. Well there was not alot to pick for my little YJ but o ended up going the frameless route. First i must say it is true when it comes down to putting a shot too you MUST DO IT FIRST IN WARM WEATHER. Lol. I originally had a factory soft top so everything that was included was universal for me. After i waited for it to warm up i strapped it down via the included instructions, but what the instructions dont clarify is that the door surroundings mounts or should i say hook up to ur existing roll bar via the provided clamp. I say the clamp shoulda been more beefier judging the fact that it also takes a beating opening and closing daily. As well as the clamp tightenins ball the way down and large nut can either go upside down causing a cut in the top fabric or right side up rubbing againt it. ( i will be placing a foam tube cut in half to protect it ill post photos asap) for the look of it it looks meaner and beefy i live it. I wished the windows came in a thicker option but unfortunately yiur stuck with the 5mil or i think 10mil they give you, and the sewing around the window to fabric seems week but time will tell. The last thing im stressing on that will be a some what simple fix is the anti puddle rods seem too short and should actually not rest on the roll bar under the top fabric (might cause a rip in the top) well ill send an update and mods to it once completed plus feel free to add or question.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Side by side

after

·
Registered
76 Posts
Nice, much better fit. I have a white yj as well, so now I know exactly how it will look. Thx for posting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How is it driving down the road? does it flap? does it stay nice and tight driving?
It stays nice and tight on the back of course there is a door jam issue. Either u bend ur window frames inward to the door or get some added window seals. Also for the top where the anti puddle bars are u would need to put some added support or foam noodles to stop a little bimping. But overall AMAZING

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice, much better fit. I have a white yj as well, so now I know exactly how it will look. Thx for posting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No worries took me a while to figure out the perfect one to buy but i do not regret anything ive taking the back window off takes about 5 min and going to go safari soon ill post asap.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts