Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took the hard top and installed the soft top, but had a problem putting the zipper on the back. It has two zippers but I can't figure out how to put it back together.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Look it up on you tube. The first couple times are a pain. Wait until the soft top zipper jumps a couple teeth, that is a pain.

·
Registered
217 Posts
It helps if you can get someone to help you hold the window straight up so the zippers will line up better the first time or two. Just till you get a feel for how it goes together..I keep my rear window attached and roll it into the folds of the top itself. that way its handy if and when I need it to be. and already attached

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Figured it out. No matter how many videos I watched, it wouldn't of worked because zippers were not on the zipper correctly. Once that was fixed, it all worked out.

I wound up using zip ties to hold the rear plastic window. Are there supposed to be straps to hold the rear plastic window or am I doing it wrong?

·
Registered
233 Posts
There are loops with a built in metal snap that snap onto the male snap on your soft top frame.....they are about 9" in from the side windows above the back window. They come in a small plastic bag that also has your 2 velcro straps for securing the top in the sunrider position. Mine were in the same package my windows came out of.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My Jeep didn't come with them. I'll check with the dealer on Monday to see if they can be ordered.

·
Registered
592 Posts
If you roll the rear window up it will scratch...I still do it sometimes just be aware that it will happen.

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Eh, a scratched up rear window just gives you the excuse to say, "Sorry officer, I didn't see yer lights...", lol! Nothin' a good lawyer can't fix :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts