Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2010 Sahara Unlimited and the rear soft top window continues to be a problem and does not zipper....it opens up from the start and now I cannot close it a bit. Anyone else have this problem and does it mean I need to order a set of new windows or replace the whole top? (ugh!)

·
Registered
497 Posts
Is the zipper coming apart after the slide goes by? If so the slide may be open too much. It is really a pain to get it unzipped but once you do use pliers to squeeze it back into shape.
If it is stiff then soap or zipper cleaner/lube will help.

·
Registered
391 Posts
You can order just a rear window, dont need to buy the whole set. Make SURE the flaw is on the window side before you order. If the flaw is on the side sewn to the top, you can try an uphostery shop for a repair/new zipper. Not exactly cheap, but less than a new top.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I used soap and bike chain lube, that did not change much. The issue is the zipper doesn't catch right from the start. it opens up right behind it. By the time it gets to the first turn in lines up an closes for the length of the top. Not sure how to determine which is at fault. Window side or top side. Upholstery shop may be a good solution. It's going to rain all weekend so I will have to spend more quality time with it in the garage.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts