Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife got a new 2013 Sahara 4 door All white hardtop... it came loaded and has the soft top also. She doesn't like the look of the soft top and wants to sell it. The jeep has 200 miles on it and the soft top was only opened and checked to make sure it was OK...never used it. I took it out of the back yesterday and placed it on a shelf in the garage. The windows are till packaged in a box from the factory and un opened. What would be a fair price to ask and where is the best place to sell it?
Thanks

·
Registered
4,136 Posts
Craigslist to move it fast. Also check there to see what they are going for. Staying local will eliminate shipping.

Bob K.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Closer to $550-$650 for new unused top, maybe $100-$200 more for the premium top. Depends on your local Craigslist prices.

I would keep the soft top. The premium top is very quite on the highway. Being able to drop the top on a whim is priceless.

·
Super Moderator
23,754 Posts
I got a brand new 13 premium spring assited top from a 13 rubicon unlimited a month ago for $300 and a set of Ace sliders I was advertising for $300 on craigslist so $600 and I felt lucky. I love it.

·
Registered
761 Posts
My wife got a new 2013 Sahara 4 door All white hardtop... it came loaded and has the soft top also. She doesn't like the look of the soft top and wants to sell it. The jeep has 200 miles on it and the soft top was only opened and checked to make sure it was OK...never used it. I took it out of the back yesterday and placed it on a shelf in the garage. The windows are till packaged in a box from the factory and un opened. What would be a fair price to ask and where is the best place to sell it?
Thanks
Dude!!! My wife hated my Jeep at first until summer came and we started driving with the top off. Get her out driving around with the soft top folded down. Teach her how to do it and shell start to love the Jeep too.

Or just tell her you sold it and use it.

·
Premium Member
1,221 Posts
I paid $700 (ebay) and drove for an hour for a new 2013 premium soft top for my JKU.

·
Retired Mod
11,136 Posts
I got a brand new 13 premium spring assited top from a 13 rubicon unlimited a month ago for $300 and a set of Ace sliders I was advertising for $300 on craigslist so $600 and I felt lucky. I love it.
$300? You suck...

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
NH, not sure where you are, but there have been a bunch on NH craigslist for around $400 these last few months. Must were around the Nashua area. PM me with any more info.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Wow, $300 is super cheap for a premium top. I'm assuming you are sure its premium material since all 2013 Unlimited tops have the spring assist mechanism, no matter which material they have.

·
Premium Member
1,298 Posts
I bought a soft top off a 2 week old 2013 Sahara unlimited. Boxes never opened. Still had the orange sticker wrapped around cover. How do you tell the difference between premium and standard if both are spring assisted? Paid $900 CDN.

·
Registered
409 Posts
I'm buying one up this weekend for $500 off a 2011 Mojave edition. I've seen the 2013 tops going from a super low $350 to a pricey $1200. The guy selling at $350 sold the top in under 12 hours on Craigslist. I missed picking it up by 30 minutes. Damn!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Wow, $300 is super cheap for a premium top. I'm assuming you are sure its premium material since all 2013 Unlimited tops have the spring assist mechanism, no matter which material they have.
He paid 300+ a set of sliders so he really paid 600.00 for it. Not a bad deal..

I would keep the top, when you go to sell and trade it in it may be worth more to the buyer then the 5-700 you get on craigslist. Plus if you get a little bored with it you can always try out the soft top, the premium top on these 13's are pretty nice..

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
He paid 300+ a set of sliders so he really paid 600.00 for it. Not a bad deal.. I would keep the top, when you go to sell and trade it in it may be worth more to the buyer then the 5-700 you get on craigslist. Plus if you get a little bored with it you can always try out the soft top, the premium top on these 13's are pretty nice..
You're right, I can't read, lol.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Just made a deal on a used complete top off a '10 for my '07 for $100 plus 160Rounds .223 ammo. Go to pick it up tomorrow.

·
Retired Moderator
100,556 Posts
Soft Top, YUUUUUUUUK............. noisy and ugly and will give you a head ache......:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Sell it on craigslist.........:thumb:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts