Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
The Bad Guy
23,234 Posts
Mine stays on all year.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Bladerunner32262 said:
When's the earliest you put your soft top on? That is, for people who live in states that get nasty winters.
I live in arkansas, we have some of the nastiest winters in the nation. My soft top has been on since summer and Ive had no issues with the cold, the heater works so good you will never notice.

·
Premium Member
4,392 Posts
I don't have a hard top and my wrangler is just fine I am up in Massachusetts and New Hampshire. The only drawback is you have to brush off the roof every 4 inches so it doesn't stretch

·
The Bad Guy
23,234 Posts
Do not concern yourself with MPG if you own a Jeep. You will sleep better at night.

·
Hardcore Jeeper
3,320 Posts
Mine stays on all year long... and I've had 2' of snow up there before, its just harder to clean off. No idea on how long it lasts. I've had the jeep for 4 years and the top was old when I got it...

·
The Bad Guy
23,234 Posts
If you take proper care of them, they should last a good long time.

·
Jeeper
11,419 Posts
The top on my '01 is original. Still in very good shape, sure it has some bruises, from being used, but no actual damage.... Why does everyone worry about Jeep soft tops, but no one ever thinks twice about a Mustang, or anything else with a drop top being a problem? The Wranglers are the 3rd and 4th convertibles we've owned. Heck the Camaro leaked more than the Wranglers do, and they aren't really made to get wet..... :)

·
I do my own stunts.
3,013 Posts
Do not concern yourself with MPG if you own a Jeep. You will sleep better at night.
LOL! I laugh anytime anyone asks me about mileage on my Jeep, as if MPG's are even a concern to me. The only time I think about mileage is when I'm calculating if I'll have enough gasoline to get off the trail and back to a gas station.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
daggo66 said:
Just wondering since I'll be taking her to the west coast from the Midwest this year with the soft top on. Yes I know they get crappy mileage but thought the weight loss might help.

·
Premium Member
2,939 Posts
pittsburgh here and we generally get a good bit of snow, i keep mine on all year and park outside, as stated before just keep a heavy build up of snow off the roof and you'll be fine.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts