Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just looking at a soft top that is not on a jeep, what should I be looking for to be sure it is for a pre 2007 model and not for the newer ones. I am looking for a new soft top for my 2006 X. When I look at tops people are selling on Craigslist and Ebay, what are some major differences that I can look for when it is sitting on the garage floor to make sure it was made for my Jeep?

·
Registered
16,248 Posts
Ridd said:
Just looking at a soft top that is not on a jeep, what should I be looking for to be sure it is for a pre 2007 model and not for the newer ones. I am looking for a new soft top for my 2006 X. When I look at tops people are selling on Craigslist and Ebay, what are some major differences that I can look for when it is sitting on the garage floor to make sure it was made for my Jeep?
If you own an 06 don't buy 07 and up won't fit way different jeeps .
97-06 will fit (don't buy one for an unlimited )
I think of you buy a 97-02 you'll need the bars for the top to work

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know they won't fit, I just wanted to know what to look for to know what is different.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Take a look at some pictures of the jeeps. Up to 06 the soft top sits on top of the windshield and 07+ the soft top sits just behind the windshield. So the 06 and below have a more rounded front and sides at the very front.

·
The Bad Guy
23,233 Posts
I know they won't fit, I just wanted to know what to look for to know what is different.
Measure the top of your windshield. Anything wider than that will be for a JK.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts