Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 91 has a Bestop full softop and question is my windshield frame has 4 small holes on both the outer mosst left and right edge, but there is nothing attached to the windshield frame. Ive see some sort of black plastic edge or? attached to the windshield frames in pics, but cant find anything on Bestops website that show what there for. I was wondering if there some kind of keeper gizmo to keep soft doors from getting sucked open at top when doin highway speed.

·
Premium Member
'89 YJ 4.2 with MC-2150 Carb & HEI, 2-1/2" Ex. AX-15, NP231 SYE, Adams shafts, F&R ARB, 3
3,909 Posts
Or somebody might have had a light bar mounted up there at some point

·
Registered
9,000 Posts
My bet is a lightbar...

The windows flapping at highway speed is part of the allure of owning a jeep.... and also one of the reasons that I run full doors lol

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Those four holes on each side are for the plastic side post.
The are $21 a pair online.
It is part of the OEM soft top hardware.
I'm pretty sure every jeep left the factory with those holes even if it sold with a hard top.

My Bestop soft door uppers certainly need them.
Hell, my Rampage soft top is connected to them.
I have no idea how a Bestop soft top is connected.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's them Raoul and Jarhead Al!. Thank You. Tried several times to find info on them at Qtec and a couple other places but had no luck. Raoul, You said your doors need them, can you elaborate? It looks like the factory softop windshield frame rod attaches where that pin on top is located instead of the Bestop type replacement windshield brackets? I also have the Bestop sunrider top that doe not use the typical windshield bracket or twist lock type fastner to lock in the top runner hardware. Picture makes them look as if they protrude above the frame a bit, but that enlarged top part would block an opening where the doors, frame and top hardware kinda miss that's a nice hole for rain to blow into. I think Im gonna order a pair jut to play with them and see if they help seal up things a bit. When Monsoon season hits here in AZ, its rains like nowhere Ive ever been in my 60 years.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
I also have a Sunrider, love it. The tops got in the way so I just trimmed them...slowly until I took off the right amount.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
... Raoul, You said your doors need them, can you elaborate?...
The soft uppers have a rubber gasket on three sides.
The plastic side post attached to the windshield provides a forward seal to the upper.
If the plastic posts were not present I could not even begin to imagine the horrors.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts