Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have an '04 with original soft top. Its pretty beat up, especially the back because of the zippers.

Anyone out there just replaced windows in the softtop? Or is it better to just buy a new replacement soft-top?

Really don't want to spend much on a soft-top if buying a replacement (300 or less)...suggestions would be great. Thanks!

·
Registered
48 Posts
When I got my Jeep it had a really beat up soft top, I recently got quadratecs quadratop and used the hardware that was on my factory top and I love that I replaced the whole thing. The color was faded after 14 years and the new top's color really pops and looks great. I had a problem with the zippers as well and didnt want the risk of it being the inner zipper and wasting the money on a window. The top was 310 with tinted windows 300 w/o. It took maybe 10-20 minutes for me to install it.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awesome, thanks for the info.

Have seen several tops at the $200 mark like the Sierra Off-road, just not sure if it is worth a damn. Don't want to get a top that will leak and won't hold up because of $100 bucks.

·
Registered
377 Posts
The top on my 98 tj is a Pavement Ends Replay top. it's wore slap out, dry rotted, zippers are junk, leaks like hell. After reviewing many tops i just ordered a Bestop Sailcloth in black with upper door skins. Yeah you pay more but the Bestop will last a lot longer, you get what you pay for, good luck to you.

·
Sponsoring Vendor
'13 JK
4,704 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts