Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I called softopper.com yesterday to order a new frame-less top. The discontinued them last Friday and have no plans to make more.

So now I am looking at the rampage as options are getting limited for the Jeep. Any pro's cons on this?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Oh man, that's disappointing. I got a softopper last year and love it. Now I'm worried if/when I need replacement panels. Gonna end up having to go with a different set-up probably...

·
Registered
81 Posts
Damn, was hoping to order one to replace my Rampage top as it’s falling apart due to age. I wish Rampage would make one in the spice color and not just black.

·
Registered
304 Posts
They really need to make up their minds on this. This is not the first they stopped production on the YJ top. The windows are still available but the top is not longer showing. My top is 5 years old this month and still in great shape. Might get the tinted windows before they stop making them too.

If you have hard doors the Rampage won't fit due to the square corners on the top. You would have to use soft or half doors with square corner uppers for it to work.

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
This is how it always goes, a product has lower then a average sales and an announcement is made that they will discontinue it, all of a sudden you can’t put that top purchase on hold anymore and everyone wants one. :)

·
Registered
4,111 Posts
I used to hate the look of frameless soft tops. But now that my jeep wont fit in my garage anymore with a bestop supertop i want a framless... oh well....

·
Premium Member
2,640 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
I hope they bring back the frameless top in the spice color. My Rampage is starting to fall apart with the zippers and straps and I will need a new one soon. I really want to go back to the correct colors for the Jeep.

·
Registered
65 Posts
From Softopper customer service:

“Hi Kyle!
Yes, we were acquired by Bestop, Inc. The sale went through on the 1st of June, and it's been great! They are not interested in changing anything about our product, processes, or customer service model. They are very hands off, and the upper management for them has changed in the last few years. We are really enjoying working with them.

Unfortunately, since we discontinued the Jeep Wrangler division we do not have any more in stock. I wish you the best of luck in your search. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thank you,

Softopper Customer Service“

·
Registered
65 Posts
So with the exit of Softopper, my searches have only come up with two companies providing these style tops: Rampage and Crown Automotive.

I currently have full steel doors and not enough budget currently to get a top and new half door combo's. Rampage's top is designed to be used with SQUARED uppers, compared to Crown's which accepts the rounded doors/uppers.

In my searching around I have not been able to find any reviews of Crown's top. So my friends, do any of you have experience with Crown Automotive's frameless soft top?

https://www.quadratec.com/p/crown-automotive/bowless-soft-top-upper-doors-tinted-windows-wrangler-yj-brt10135t

·
Registered
777 Posts
Hey Murch. Sense we a practically neighbors how about posting some pics of your YJ. Looks good in your aviator. Hope to see it driving around.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts