Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In a search for the right soft top I have stumbled upon a Softopper Venture Top. I'm looking for a frameless top and noticed the Bestop has the best and most reviews in this category.

Before I settle on this I was wondering if anyone has tried the Softopper?

Also, is it worth getting a tan top? Dirt, cleaning, etc.

There aren't many threads on the Softopper but know it is made in the USA and does seem to be built pretty well.

·
Registered
625 Posts
I don't currently have one on my Jeep (will be getting one soon). I have however had a Softopper on my truck now for 5 years and it still looks new and I've never had any issues. And their customer service is TOP NOTCH

·
Registered
61 Posts
Ive had a softopper on for a few months now. Opted for the premium black twill with tinted windows. I do like it, and have no other prior experience with soft tops, however, I have encountered a few problems. 1: there are very smal gaps in the windshield header that allow wind to get in and at highway speeds it gets a very loud whistle sound inside. 2: the tailgate bar seems lacking in the strength department. When the rear window is pulled down so that its locked into the brackets that hold down the tailgate bar, the bar is bending up due to the force of the top pulling up on it. This causes about a 1.5 inch gap of nothing between the tailgate and tailgate bar. Water can and has gotten in there. Other than that, im satisfied. I did have a question about it when I first got it and called customer service. The man I talked to said he wasnt sure and hed ask the owner. About 2 minutes later I was called by someone and they answered my question and it helped. Looks great. Nice tight fit. Very minimal flapping at highway speeds (with doors on and windows up). The time to take from sunrider bikini to full soft does take a bit of time though, Id say about 15 minutes, so its not quick. Oh, and if you do decide to go this route, dont plan on a 1 hour install, like the directions say. It took me all day, but maybe im just "slow".

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts