Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
You aren't wrapping it around far enough. You need to engage it in the channel before you zip it in. That edge is engaged like a "U" not an "L".

·
Registered
578 Posts
I watched this video several times when I got my new wrangler two weeks ago, I followed everything in order the way Jon did it, works fine for me. Do make sure you have those pins in place the ones above the R and L front doors, they hold the top forward. It looks like you top is not far enough forward and the side windows are pulling out, just one thought I had.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eh3AocLTXUE&t=28s

trainman

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You aren't wrapping it around far enough. You need to engage it in the channel before you zip it in. That edge is engaged like a "U" not an "L".
Thanks for the quick reply! I always put it in the channel like a U. I zip only 2" and then put it in the channel like a U, clamp the bottom, and start zipping but that's when it slides out on the top and isn't flush with the door like in the picture.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I watched this video several times when I got my new wrangler two weeks ago, I followed everything in order the way Jon did it, works fine for me. Do make sure you have those pins in place the ones above the R and L front doors, they hold the top forward. It looks like you top is not far enough forward and the side windows are pulling out, just one thought I had.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eh3AocLTXUE&t=28s

trainman
Thanks for the video! I'll take a look at it later today and see what I can fix by watching that video.

·
Registered
58 Posts
It looks like you have it almost all of the way in place except near the upper part of the door channel. Try using both thumbs to push from the bottom to the top to see if you can "roll" the window into the channel all the way. Make sure the top header clamps are fully closed as that pulls the top tighter and may make it easier to roll the window into the channel. My 2-year old Bestop is still pretty tight and I have to push it pretty hard to get it to fully seat into the channel.

·
Registered
192 Posts
My passenger side does exactly like the OP's. Started right when top was 2 yrs old.
I've since taken a piece of electrical tape 3-4", folded and pushed into place with the tongue edge of top into groove. Made it tight enough that it doesn't slip out.
All good now

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I found out I tighten the inside fabric wrong but fixed that(second picture is of it fixed inside) but it keeps slipping out. I tried the electrical tape thing but that doesn't work and pushing it in more has no effect. I checked the video and I'm doing everything as shown also.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts