Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I have just bought my first jeep, a 97 tj wrangler and I was wondering if the soft top windows will zip from a 2012 jk will zip onto my current soft top. Cheers

·
Retired Moderator
100,621 Posts
:welcome: to the Forum..:wavey:

·
Premium Member
8,346 Posts
The 2dr JK is both wider and longer in the tub area than a TJ. In fact even the windows from another brand top for a TJ are unlikely to fit, unless your top is that particular brand.

·
Registered
5,007 Posts
Doesnt have to be same brand. I have smittybilt uppers with my bestop softtop and rear/side windows.

But no, 2012 windows will not fit your 97. Anything from 97-06 will.

·
Premium Member
8,346 Posts
I should have been more clear - it's the rear quarter windows and rear windows that need to be the same, not the soft upper for the half doors. Those all have the same profile to fit the door surrounds which must fit the full doors, so all brands of door surrounds have the same upper window profile.

The rear and rear quarter windows are generally made to fit a particular brand top and even if the shape of the window is right, they might or might not match the zipper for the opening.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts