Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of upgrading my stock differential covers to the Solid Axle Industries ones. I have a couple questions...I have searched this forum, but really haven't found a definite answer. I don't have a lift on my 2010 Sport. Will the front differential cover have issues fitting, will it rub on some of the suspension components? I also know that these covers have a higher fill hole, so you can't use that whole as a measure on when to stop filling. Might be a dumb question, but can't I just convert the amount of oil in quarts from the manual, into cups and pour the oil into a measuring cup in order to get a perfect amount of oil to ensure that I don't over or under fill?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
I have no experience with that differential cover, but as far as the amount of gear lube to put in, the gear lube bottles have a clear strip in one side of the bottles with fluid amounts marked on the bottle. So, you can use one of those little hand pumps that screw onto the bottle and just pump in the fluid until you see that you have pumped in the correct amount by looking at the marked amounts on the bottle.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Fill the same amount of fluid as the manual states, so yes, don't use the new fill hole as a gauge like you would with a stock cover. They are great covers for a reasonable price. Sorry, I don't have the answer about the covers fitting a non lifted jeep.

image-3952034273.jpg

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Anyone know about these fitting on a stock suspension jeep?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts