Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a cheap way to get a pair of mirrors so I can go doorless and be legal. Any ideas? Want something decent and visually appealing

·
Registered
92 Posts
i don't know about visually appealing but i and others use blind spot mirrors on the far AC vents. best bet is some aftermarket mirrors or relocation brackets but thats not cheap

·
Registered
720 Posts
Rugged ridge. $50 or so. They do whistle a bit.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Stevil, if you are using the round Rugged Ridge mirrors then use a razor blade and remove the little bit of rubber that sticks out around the edge of the mirror. That's what I did and no more whistle.

·
Registered
22,842 Posts
Got the Smitty trail mirrors. Very solid, no wobble, and great visibility. They were a bit over $50 for the pair

ForumRunner_20140526_152640.jpg

ForumRunner_20140526_152700.jpg

·
Registered
720 Posts
Stevil, if you are using the round Rugged Ridge mirrors then use a razor blade and remove the little bit of rubber that sticks out around the edge of the mirror. That's what I did and no more whistle.
Thanks! I'm going to try that. I took the doors off yesterday and put the mirrors back on. Forgot how annoying it was.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Not to sure a blind spot mirror on the vent makes you legal?
I know that it's at least not legal in Michigan. The law specifically states that it must be an exterior mirror.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Harley mirror!

I use a mirror from a Harley. I happened to have a extra set that I removed from my Road Glide some time ago. Works great and keeps me legal.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
I use a mirror from a Harley. I happened to have a extra set that I removed from my Road Glide some time ago. Works great and keeps me legal.
The good thing about the Harley mirror option is the cost, $0.... or about $23K, depending on how you look at it.

·
Registered
90 Posts
If you look at all the different kinds of motorcycles out there - there are a lot of mirrors to choose from. The main thing to look for is a for the screw to be long enough. Many are only an inch or less. The Honda shop in my neck of the woods has them in pairs for about 10-15 bucks

1 - 19 of 19 Posts