Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok there are two jk's for sell in my city. one of them is a 08 wrangler X it has 60k miles, interior is decent, asking 13k and it is automatic. the other is a 08 wangler mountain edition with 10K miles haven't seen the interior but has salvaged title and they're asking 14k i think. I like satandard. Can someone help me with this very important choice in my life.

·
Registered
38,318 Posts
03yellowtj said:
ok there are two jk's for sell in my city. one of them is a 08 wrangler X it has 60k miles, interior is decent, asking 13k and it is automatic. the other is a 08 wangler mountain edition with 10K miles haven't seen the interior but has salvaged title and they're asking 14k i think. I like satandard. Can someone help me with this very important choice in my life.
For me no brainer get the one with less miles if it checks out mechanically and the body is in good shape. Tests really low for an 08

·
Registered
343 Posts
That's a really good price for the '08 X, if it checks out.

I was seeing closer to 16+, depending on options, for similar ones in my area when I was looking a few months ago.

I've never had the balls (or mechanical competence) to buy a salvage title from someone I don't know, personally.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jag said:
That's a really good price for the '08 X, if it checks out.

I was seeing closer to 16+, depending on options, for similar ones in my area when I was looking a few months ago.

I've never had the balls (or mechanical competence) to buy a salvage title from someone I don't know, personally.
Its from a dealership but something in the back of my head seems wrong, because he wants it all at once

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
mackdj1 said:
For me no brainer get the one with less miles if it checks out mechanically and the body is in good shape. Tests really low for an 08
But wouldn't the insurance be high and I also need a reliable jeep for driving out of state. Also keep in mind that I live at the bottom tip of Texas, so I will do a lot of driving.

·
Registered
38,318 Posts
03yellowtj said:
But wouldn't the insurance be high and I also need a reliable jeep for driving out of state. Also keep in mind that I live at the bottom tip of Texas, so I will do a lot of driving.
Agreed there is a risk. Don't know about insurance but a call would be all it takes to find out. Could take it to s 4X4 shop in your area send have them give it a look over.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts