Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just helped a friend buy a 2012 JK Arctic Edition. he was set on 2 doors and bright silver. it's at the link below. he got an extended 100k bumper-to-bumper warranty added to the purchase. $35,600 out the door. the dealer was eager to get rid of this thing to the point that the owner got involved in the discussions.

2012 Jeep Wrangler Sahara For Sale | Daytona Beach FL .

i'll take credit for bringing another jeep newbie into the fold!:punk:

·
Registered
771 Posts
Well done. :thumb:

That has me thinking and after reading yesterday about that poor fella who bought a used JK without doing any home work, there really should be a sticky on how to buy a new (or used) Jeep. A collection of tried and tested tips from everyone, that a newb can access and read or be pointed to before making a purchase. Including like I did and got a steal deal, buying at the end of the month and the end of the day end of the model year, to accessing that spread sheet in the 2012-2013 thread with the costings of the models and options, to researching prices in your area via autotrader.com/ KBB other, to how some people have had success by spamming dealers with requests for quotes against buyer's bottom line price, and of course where and how to get points below invoice prices etc. etc. etc.

A collection of tips and suggestions that work and have worked for everyone.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i will say that i've learned more about the wrangler and its options AFTER i bought mine than before. i got lucky with my gearing - i had no idea about that - i just knew that i wanted a hitch for a bike rack and for a cargo cage.

this purchase for my friend was easy because i knew a salesman at the dealer and he inadvertently told me that they were about to send this particular arctic back because it had been sitting there for so long.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
$35k for a Jeep thats a year old and has been sitting on the lot since January? Seems like he couldve gotten it much lower than that. I saw a used Arctic on a lot around me going for like $25

·
Registered
4,718 Posts
What a ripoff I got my jku sport s 2012 3 months ago for 27500. To can buy the badges and decals and tires for what a $1000 Max the seats may be another thousand but that's still under 30000. You can get a fully loaded rubi for that much. Someone got worked it sounds like and I agree that I saw a used jku artic in winter chill that I was pissed sold right before I or mine for 30000 even with 15k miles and navi. That was a bad deal no offense but love it and forget about it

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
$35k for a Jeep thats a year old and has been sitting on the lot since January? Seems like he couldve gotten it much lower than that. I saw a used Arctic on a lot around me going for like $25
This. I got a brand new JKU Rubicon for not much more than that. You were robbed.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
I assume "out the door" included tax, title, and license....

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That was out the door - including the extended warranty and a flat bed delivery of the Jeep over 250 miles away. I'm sure everyone that posts here either did or can get a better deal. I was just sharing some real life experience for those that are shopping around.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.