Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I got 31 Thornbird Superswampers, with Cepex Rims. "could of gone bigger but need the lift kit and at the time i couldnt afford it".

On the inside I got a custom made sub box with 2 10 inch kicker comp subs, with a kicker amp. The setup is pretty nice and puts out a good amount of bass... "btw- has anyone used the sub box that goes under the rear seat?, is that one any good?"... anyways... heres a few pics of it :)

·
Extremely Humble
11,545 Posts
I think there's an ant on your hood....Yep sure enough, it's an ant. And it's a male. :D (big pics)

JUST KIDDING! Nice looking rig and I really like the those tires.

·
Extremely Humble
11,545 Posts
That's alright. It still looks good and gives us a chance to see the detail. :D

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
nice:D

·
Registered
237 Posts
I think there's an ant on your hood....Yep sure enough, it's an ant. And it's a male. :D (big pics)

Damn you Scout for making me look. :flipoff:

Z0Error - How do you like those ThornTurds?
I can remember back when EVERYONE here ran out and got those tires.
I spent more time pulling guys out over the following 3 months than I ever have in my life. The tread just couldn't handle the red Georgia clay, and those monster side lugs couldn't do it all on their own, especially once they got dug in good. I was just curious how they perform where you are.

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
Damn you Scout for making me look. :flipoff:

Z0Error - How do you like those ThornTurds?
I can remember back when EVERYONE here ran out and got those tires.
I spent more time pulling guys out over the following 3 months than I ever have in my life. The tread just couldn't handle the red Georgia clay, and those monster side lugs couldn't do it all on their own, especially once they got dug in good. I was just curious how they perform where you are.
you said out loud what I was thinking. The tread didn't last long with highway driving, either.
......Frank had those
(for a short period)
......I almost felt guilty selling them to someone else :rolleyes:

·
Registered
184 Posts

Thank you Scout, I just laughed out loud at work and everyone looked at me.

Nice rig though Z0Error!!

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
you said out loud what I was thinking. The tread didn't last long with highway driving, either.
......Frank had those
(for a short period)
......I almost felt guilty selling them to someone else :rolleyes:
hahaha. x3.

all you gotta do to start a flamewar on another jeep forum is bring up the thornbird tires. nearly everybody hated them.

looks really good though.

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
tires are like underwear....personal prefrence
if they fit well & get the job done for the wearer, all else doesn't matter.........they just weren't right for us ;)

·
Extremely Humble
11,545 Posts
Actually if I remember correctly I believe those tires are designed specifically for sand. That's probably why some people have problems with them in the rocks, mud etc...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts