Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just installed the zone 4.25 inch combo lift on my Jeep and to go along got 33x12.50 tires. Now I love everything about it, just have a few minor problems.

1. I have to fight the steering wheel to keep it straight, doesnt seem to want to stay in a straight line like it used to. I have not got an alignment done yet. Will this cure it you think or is the wandering steering a thing i have to get used to?

2. The light on the dash that is directly next to the mile counter reset button is now on. Do not know what this light means? Check engine? Any ideas as to why it is on?

3. I have a minor squeak in one of the springs, any way at all to cure?

4. Lastly it kind of feels like something is thumping directly under the drivers side floor board, no idea what it could be.

I will have a thread up with new pics of the jeep eventually, Just gotta figure how to post them!

·
Registered
304 Posts
No you should not have to fight your steering wheel. You need an alignment. Double check all your bolts to make sure they are tight. Did you tighten everything when the jeep was on the ground. You can go to any auto parts store and they should be able to tell you what is causing your check engine. Or you can go buy a scanner. The squeak may be coming from the spring rubing on the poly spacer. Double check everything and make sure its sitting correctly. To post pics I save my pics to imageshack and then right click on them go to properties and copy the address. Then paste the address in between the two.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought so about steering. I will have to take a trip to advance auto to have the light checked out. hope its nothing major. Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts