Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello:

I initially posted this under the YJ forum but was firewalled for questioning paradigms.

I have a 1989 YJ. It came with the 2.5L and a dry rotted, messed up wiring harness. I want to simplify this YJ by converting the 2.5L to a carb and NO electronics or fuel injections. I will not be swayed from this in any manner as I will only use jeep for minor offroading to my camp and towing a small single axle dump trailer. I despise rockcrawling in all its forms. I am not in need of power just a quiet 4wd that can get me to my Deer Stand and back out with the game I kill.

So my questions are these:
1-Will the CJ intake manifold mount to the YJ Block?
2- If not, would the YJ intake work with a Carb?
3- What HEI distributor should I get for one wire hookup?

I am not interested in an engine swap. I do not have the time nor patience to sit there and fight the gremlins that come with one. I just want something simple, non-electronic that I can just putt around in with some mode of reliability using 4.88s and 32s with True Trac front and back. If I need any more HP I can just fire up the JK or my two other 4wd.

I have tried to search this forum but with my POS phone it will not work.

Thank you for your time.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I think you could go with your existing intake manifold and an adapter and run a Webber carb. Also check out D.U.I. for a HEI distributor.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts