Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am brand new to jeeps. I just picked up a 97 with the 2.5L with a 4 inch lift. The rims are 15 inch and 10 wide. I would like to have something a little narrower than the 33x12.5x15 on it, but I am not sure how narrow I can go with a 10 inch rim and not have issues.

I currently have cooper maxx on my pickup, and like them, but they were pricey. The crushers on this jeep feel like I am ridding on square wheels. They really want to follow every groove too. So I would like a suggestion on tires for this jeep. I want something that is good for running errands in town, but will handle some of the rougher, muddy forest service roads and trails in north Georgia.

I won't be crawling or in deep mud, just getting back into the woods for time away, hunting and the like. I would like something as affordable as possible. This jeep won't see too many miles per year.

Being in the north Georgia mountains, we have tons of rain, a fair bit of ice, and some snow. I am looking for an all around tire with an edge in mud over bfg at tires I ran before. I plan to stay with 33s.

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Go to a 33x10.50 on 15x8 wheels. 10" wheels won't work well for anything narrower than 12.5.

Try this website: tiresize.com

It will let you set size and type parameters so you can see every AT or MT 33x10.5 currently available on one page. That should give you a start.

Reactions: agalloch07

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
Tire manufacturers will list wheel width ranges for each tire on their websites.

·
Registered
819 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts