Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got a 2008 jk that I ripped out the rug from and rhino lined the whole tub. Anyways since iv done that I have noticed that after driving for about a half hour or so that my floor well area where the pedals are gets extremely hot in the summer. I can actually feel heat coming in from the engine or something. My engine is not overheating or anything and all the floor plugs are in so its not like heat is coming in from the outside air. Or is it. I don't know but if anyone else has this problem or knows what is it let me know. This is an interesting one

·
Retired Moderator
100,702 Posts
So I got a 2008 jk that I ripped out the rug from and rhino lined the whole tub. Anyways since iv done that I have noticed that after driving for about a half hour or so that my floor well area where the pedals are gets extremely hot in the summer. I can actually feel heat coming in from the engine or something. My engine is not overheating or anything and all the floor plugs are in so its not like heat is coming in from the outside air. Or is it. I don't know but if anyone else has this problem or knows what is it let me know. This is an interesting one
Possibly a heat shield is needed on your exhaust system.:thumb:

·
Supporting Member
2,420 Posts
Well you pulled out a barrier (the carpet) and these 3.8L run notoriously hot, hence the popularity and need for hood louvers and heat reducing hoods. Also if you are an automatic transmission, these run hot as well.

-Dan

1 - 3 of 3 Posts