Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel as if there is a lot of negativity on this forum regarding Jeeps in general, so, I'm going to shake things up a bit and list the things I absolutely LOVE about my 6 speed 2012 Gecko Green 2 Door Wrangler!:dance:

1: Its a Jeep! I do not think I have seen another vehicle on the road that is as distinguishable as a Jeep Wrangler. You just know when you see one in the distance, (though with my color, it would be hard not to see :rofl:) regardless of the make or model!

2: The Community: Nothing is a greater feeling than just chatting with a fellow Wrangler owner about what mods to do, what trails to hit, or just stuff in general about it! And on top of that, I love waving at other Wrangler owners :wavey: They don't call it the Jeep Wave for nothin'!:punk:

3: The Manual Transmission: I know its a little subjective and people have their own opinions on what is better, but I am in complete and utter love with the Manual Transmission on my Jeep! I love how the stick vibrates, and will shake with every bump on the road. And with the long throws between shifts, it makes choosing each gear feel that much more epic! :punk: It makes occasionally driving my brothers Mini Cooper kind of boring without the stick vibrating and very short shift distances:whistling:

4: It Can Turn On A Dime: Now I can not exactly speak for the 4 doors, as I have not driven one. But my 2 door is awesome with sharp turns! Parking lots are a breeze with the short wheel base!

5: You Can Change The Look And Feel Of It, Weather Permitting: I love going doorless and topless with my Jeep! The feeling of it is so unreal and completely AWESOME!:punk: I just wish it was not cold and rainy out this time of year though :banghead: Once spring and summer comes around, I have a feeling I will be doorless for the entire season :whistling:

6: It Feels Fast, When It Certainly Is Not: When I am going 50 mph in my Jeep, it feels like your going a lot faster than you really are! (at least for me) I feel like luxury and sport cars have the opposite issue. Like when I occasionally drive my Dads Audi A6, I think I'm going 50, and look at the speedometer and it says 80! :eek:

7: You Can Make It Yours: There are so many mods for your Jeep out there that can allow you to personalize and make your Wrangler unique to you! Of course, that is wallet permitting of course :rolleyes: But there are a lot of inexpensive things you can do as well! Plastidipping, Debadging, Adding CB radios. The list is endless! you can just find what fits your style :punk:

I could go on for 20 more posts on how much I love my Wrangler, but I think you guys get the point! :thumb:

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
The majority of people log on to bitch about problems. Not many come to say, "Just coming in to say everything's OK. Nothing to see here". A forum of 300 posts like that would be real boring

No news is good news

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
I absolutely love my Jeep Wrangler! I drive it every chance I get. In fact, when I fly somewhere for vacation I think about how much I miss my Jeep. Yeah, I got it bad. LOL

·
Registered
1979 CJ-7 Renegade
6,414 Posts
I actually find this the least negative of the Jeep forums that I've perused. :whistling:

That said, good post ... nothing wrong with Jeep love. :)

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
"Just posting to say 'nothing is wrong'!!!!"

My JK has rendered nearly 35000 miles of trouble free smiles for me over the past 23 months!

It is far superior in every functional way than any of the previous models I've wrangled.

Personal history:
1945 CJ2A 1961-63, RIP. Opened my universe as to what might be possible with skinny tires and 4 cylinders;

1954 Willys Overland, 1977-80; the 'perfect rig' for that time & place in my life...what's not to love with 5.89 diffs run by a small Ford 6? Who needs more than 48 mph or a couple acres to turn it around?

1976 J2000 "Brutus" 401V8. 1980-82. Monstrously capable in any role whether hauling, towing, cruising the mall..... Maddeningly fragile electronics, and turned me off Jeep marque for 20 years.

So......JK is by far the Best of Batch! And I can take the roof off! Plus Automatic Works FINE!!!!

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I absolutely love my Jeep Wrangler! I drive it every chance I get. In fact, when I fly somewhere for vacation I think about how much I miss my Jeep. Yeah, I got it bad. LOL
Don't worry, I miss my Jeep even when I'm just sitting in class! :rofl:

·
Registered
38,318 Posts
This is way to nice. Lets just have a good old Auto vs Standard debate. They are always positive.:D

·
Registered
336 Posts
I worked from home today after am 18 hour shift yesterday...and granted working from home is really nice, but I didn't get to drive my jeep today and it kind of bummed me out. But, I did just wax her and it's raining so at least she'll stay looking nice for a couple more days now. Gonna Aerospace my fenders tonight when I'm done work, try out plastix on my soft-top window swirls (provided by dealer). Tomorrow fluid-film for the undercarriage. I love my jeep.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Right there with ya brother. Every time I walk by the window I sneak a look at the Jeep through the blinds. Park it at work where I can steal glances at it. And always, always look back at least once while walking away from where I just parked it.

I too drive manual and you're right, it feels visceral and mean and feels like you're going much faster than you really are. It's the sound of the pentastar engine that does that. Wonderful growl it has.

Yup. Love mine too.

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
Funny, I just got off the phone with the dealer that sold me my Jeep. They were trying to sell me a new one. Not knocking a new Jeep at all but I love my Jeep. I told them I have put 10K in my Jeep and if they wanted to refund me that in the trade I would consider it. They hung up lol.

As someone mentioned, the biggest thing about a Jeep is that you can personalize it. It becomes a one of a kind, that you love. You work hard at making it a Jeep you want from the decals to the wheels and everything else.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts