Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the forum, and have a black 1998 TJ 4.0 Sport.
Two days ago, I blew a radiator, second, since I've own it. I replaced it with no problems.
Two days after that, I blew a transmisson cooling line connected to the bottom tank of the radiator.
Should have installed the other :censored: fitting and replaced the clamp.
However, if you want your under-carriage to look nice and clean, blow an ATF cooling line at speed.
Connect the line, top it up and drive around to "dry" it off.
It looks awesome !
The bumper, tailgate and spare tire cover were splattered with minute droplets of ATF, and at the same time, provided a window of oppurtunity to actually wash and wax her.
See, it doesn't sound so bad when one remains positive !

·
Registered
368 Posts
Now that is what you call the glass being half full.
I always find something positive in every situation also. Well done.

·
Registered
659 Posts
ATF was used as part of my recent undercoating. It's an old formula, ATF+gear oil+hydraulic oil= rust stopping and new looking frame.
You did yourself a favor really

·
Registered
955 Posts
I did something similar. I blew a tranny cooler line last year. And when I replaced it, I damaged the fitting that goes into the tranny so it was leaking. Lastly, I disconnected the lines at the radiator one at a time and turned the jeep on to make sure I didn't have the lines crosses. And boy, do those lines hold some pressure. So, I completely flushed my tranny system and oil coated the underside of my jeep throughout the span of that job.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts