Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm checking things out under my 13 JKUR witch I do just to make sure everything is perfect.
I have 2.5 Aev lift , Teraflex front track bar , bolt kit , drop brakets, and it's all good .. Had some tubing issues with my 35s but I think I got it all straight with a lot of good help here on the forum.
So I'm looking at my front swaybar links and I notice that the drivers side link at the top is much closer to the front spring than the passenger side. ? Why ? So I do a few measurements and back of bumper to center of swaybar link is the same but from back of bumper to front of spring at the top is a 1/2" different? Is this normal? I know I can't do anything about it but that's pretty sloppy I think

·
Registered
907 Posts
So I'm checking things out under my 13 JKUR witch I do just to make sure everything is perfect.
I have 2.5 Aev lift , Teraflex front track bar , bolt kit , drop brakets, and it's all good .. Had some tubing issues with my 35s but I think I got it all straight with a lot of good help here on the forum.
So I'm looking at my front swaybar links and I notice that the drivers side link at the top is much closer to the front spring than the passenger side. ? Why ? So I do a few measurements and back of bumper to center of swaybar link is the same but from back of bumper to front of spring at the top is a 1/2" different? Is this normal? I know I can't do anything about it but that's pretty sloppy I think
Pic's please...are you using the sway bar link brackets that came with the lift ? ( The ones that bolt to axle )....

·
Registered
658 Posts
you probably have your axle moved about 3/4" to the drive side after your lift. I know that my driver side spring is moved a bit more out with the bottom end than the passenger side - axle is off center. I have an adjustable track bar on order to fix this issue

·
Registered
658 Posts
NM, just noticed you have TF track bar - was the axle recentered?

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Did you loosen all of your mounts during install then re torque at ride height? Are you seeing suspension sag from one side to the other?

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I put the factory rear swaybar links on the front and got longer rears .. The front is centered I re- checked that.. And I did loosen all control arms and track bar bolt . Then re torque them to spec after I bounced it up and down .. When i had it back on the ground ..

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Is the link on right?... Sorry have to ask. How did you measure axle center ?
Yeah they on right .. I measured axel center from the top inside of the wheel at center to the frame at the same place on both sides and adjusted the track bar till the matched

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok so I went to my buddy's house today and we started installing his 2.5" AEV lift . So I put a tape on his before we started and his is the same as mine.. 1/2" different . So it's factory ..
Thanks everyone for all the help ..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts