Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A soon to be new first time owner of a JKU Sahara altitude. Looking for some easy (i.e beginner) family friendly trails. Will be stock starting out and taking on something that is gonna bang up a $30+K rig will not make the wife happy. Have read on here about Tray Mtn but are there any other good trails close to the Woodstock/Canton/Jasper area?

Thanks in advance for any and all info.:worthy:

·
Registered
18 Posts
I just got my JK last week, going to Fortec this Sunday for 2.5 inch lift and 35s! I am ready to head out to some easier trails as well. I did Tray Mountain this weekend at Jeepfest, it is VERY easy...the rock gardens can be fun so you can get to know your clutch and play around in 4lo.

I'll join you!!!

·
Registered
5,020 Posts
Welcome! I am in the Canton area as well. I have not been on any trails around here. I went to JeepFest last year and those were the only trails I have driven on.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just got my JK last week, going to Fortec this Sunday for 2.5 inch lift and 35s! I am ready to head out to some easier trails as well. I did Tray Mountain this weekend at Jeepfest, it is VERY easy...the rock gardens can be fun so you can get to know your clutch and play around in 4lo.

I'll join you!!!
Sounds good. Looks like I am several weeks out until mine arrives from the factory. Still to be built. Just out of curiosity if you dont mind me asking what lift are you going with and what is Fortec hitting you for?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Don't mind at all! It is a 2.5 inch Rubicon Express lift. I went with the Bilstein shocks as they are highly reviewed. Total for front and rear shocks, plus lift, plus install is 1233. Install is 534, shocks plus lift are 699. I am also getting 5 Nitto Trail Grapplers, 35 inchers. These come out to 1799 total, 359.95 per tire.

My brother got all of his work done at Fortec as well, the same lift but with BFG KM2s and his Jeep is a beast offroad. Figure I would go with Fortec as well, they are reviewed highly here in Roswell (I love 5 minutes away) and know what they are doing. Could I skip the install and save 500...yes. But at this point..I want a professional to do it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts