Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any pictures of a yj with a 2" lift? All the pictures I see online are 4". This is a jeep build for my son and we need 4 new leaf springs anyway and new tires so why not right? And it looks cool as hell. So I ordered 2" lift kit but now I am thinking its not tall enough....I'm sure I'm the first to think that.....what size tires should we run for 80% hwy 20% off road with a 2" lift? Am I missing the boat and not doing the smarter thing and getting a 4" lift? Feeling concerned ..... Thanks for your thoughts.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Duh!!! We all want 35's at least eventually, do the 4
' get the 35's and conform dam you!! Just kiddin, really depends on what you plan on doin..... do you need the ground clearance?

·
Registered
617 Posts
Here is a 4" with 31's

Attachments

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Duh!!! We all want 35's at least eventually, do the 4
' get the 35's and conform dam you!! Just kiddin, really depends on what you plan on doin..... do you need the ground clearance?
No. Very little off roading...( I think, as we are Virgins) so I'm confused and only going off looks I guess

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Nice.... Looks cool as hell but that would be too much for me.
Understand and I was even going to suggest that a 4" may be too much at this time for your son. 2" with 31's worked for me quit well for a little over 2 years until I decided to go bigger. I could do just about what I wanted to do with my jeep at that time. I think 2" with 31's will do your son, who I assume this is his first jeep/vehicle?, just fine till he gets use to driving a (lifted) jeep.

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
2.5" Pro-Comp springs w/Rancho RS9000 shocks on 31s

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
See...I like the looks of that....feeling like I made a mistake ordering the BDS 2"
Honestly, I really don't think you made a mistake ordering the BDS (good quality lift from what I have read). My suggestion is put it on and let him drive it like that for a while. You can always go bigger as his driving experience grows.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Here is the same 4" lift with 29" Goodyear wranglers.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Just another scenario-

Here is mine with 2.5" lift, 31's:

Here it is now: 2.5" lift, 1 inch body lift, flat flares, and 33's:

Here it was before the body lift and flat flares. I did cheat from the get-go with 1 inch longer shackles than stock...habit I carried over from my CJ days...

All depends on what you want to do in the end.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Understand and I was even going to suggest that a 4" may be too much at this time for your son. 2" with 31's worked for me quit well for a little over 2 years until I decided to go bigger. I could do just about what I wanted to do with my jeep at that time. I think 2" with 31's will do your son, who I assume this is his first jeep/vehicle?, just fine till he gets use to driving a (lifted) jeep.
That makes me feel good. Well said. Yes, first vehicle. He's 17.5 but only had DL for 3 month. Good thinking. The jeep is my toy but his to drive till he is out of HS next year and then he needs to buy his own ( ill help) its important to me and wife that he not be handed a car but helps pay for most if one. I guess I can do what I want after he is out of HS. Thanks for the info. Greatly appreciate it.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Just another scenario-

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

Here it was before the body lift and flat flares. I did cheat from the get-go with 1 inch longer shackles than stock...habit I carried over from my CJ days...
[/URL][/IMG]

Pic didn't post

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Just another scenario-

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

Now it did....very sweet pics! I think I know to stick with 2" till later. Great jeep bro

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Just another scenario-

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

Ok so the pic of the 2.5 with flat flares ...(sick flat flares btw.....I think I'm in love with those flares!!!!...) and 1 inch body lift and 33s ...that have the Shackel lift?

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
With the 2" lift, you can lift more with other options within reason. I put the 1" Daystar body mount/lift in with the flat flares and I have plenty of room for 33's, which is all the larger tires I want with this rig.

It will let your son "grow" with the jeep as experience is gained.

Thanks on the comments...I've owned this particular jeep 10 years. They always keep evolving as time, money, and experience allow!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts