Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Wrangler JKU 3.6 Backcountry
136 Posts
Two quick comments: I have 3" KO2's on my 2016 JKU, and they are really quiet. Dunno how it will be as they age thought.

Before even thinking about becoming an early adopter, read through the 4xe forum. Not exactly a trouble free experience.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Let me start by saying I’m a huge fan of diesel’s and currently have a Ram Ecodiesel and a VW Touareg diesel. With that said, modern diesels do not do well if your driving is all “short haul” commute type driving. Diesels need to run. If your average drive 10-12 miles plus each way, they’ll do fine, if you’re running a couple miles and shut down (continually) you will have issues with the DPF. Modern diesel emissions systems just don’t do well in that usage in the long run. Look at how YOU drive. If you’re mostly highway and fairly long runs you will love a diesel, if not, stay with a gasser. Good luck and enjoy your new Jeep!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
With that said, modern diesels do not do well if your driving is all “short haul” commute type driving. Diesels need to run.
Do many people disable the start/stop feature? I plan to run the Jeep a lot for long hours, but it will often be in stop/go traffic so am wondering if it's best to avoid the constant start/stop at lights. As a side gig I do some rideshare driving in Las Vegas so lots of city driving when I'm not out having fun in it. And yes, I know there are much better vehicles for rideshare driving. :)

·
Super Moderator
10,610 Posts
I do. I got the Tazer Mini to recalibrate the speedo, activate the halos and disable the intrusive TraveLink Weather Alerts. It also allows you to turn off ESS.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I do. I got the Tazer Mini to recalibrate the speedo, activate the halos and disable the intrusive TraveLink Weather Alerts. It also allows you to turn off ESS.
I prefer to call it Automatic Start/Stop, or ASS for short.

I'll check out that Tazer Mini thing.

·
Registered
24 Posts

·
Retired Moderator
100,473 Posts
Meh, I love tgat you pick and choose when to put down the Diesel, there are MANY, MANY, MANY Diesel JL's running just fine with no issues, there are going to be "lemons" like with any other platform, I can find the same for the V6 and the Turbo 4 yet I don't go around bashing those engine platforms.. 🙄
O'boy..it's really said that what I say in this Forum bothers you, and or hurts your feelings. But that is never my intensions, so I apologize to you, and congrat's to you for owning a Diesel. In Forum's, members just share their opinion's. Just for what it is worth, yes I have Driven many Diesel powered truck, construction equipment, and 400 ton mining Haulage trucks. Detroit Diesel, Cummins and Caterpillar. I have also worked on these engines and rebuilt them. So if you really want to enjoy a Forum, then I suggest that you thicken up your skin.

·
Registered
440 Posts
For clarification: Falken Wildpeaks come in AT and MT. ATs are going to be quieter; MTs noisier.

Here are the two side by side: AT (left) and MT (right)
View attachment 4514179
My '20 JTR came with the Falken M/T's. Very impressed with them so far. I had Toyo Open Country M/T's on my last 2 Wranglers. Great tires, but the Falkens seem to handle better on wet roads IMO. I just installed my Mopar lift, and I tried to order the Falken M/T's in 37's for my new wheels, but they were on indefinite backorder. Same with the Toyos. The dealer had the BFG KM3 M/T's in stock, so that's what I went with. I've heard decent things about the KM3's, so we'll see how this turns out. Wheels/tires should be here tomorrow.

Aldo mentioned the headliner option earlier. Neither of my Wranglers had this option from the factory, but my JTR has it. It is definitely quieter (by Jeep standards). Starting to get a little warmer here in the Dallas/Fort Worth area, so I'm anxious to see what kind of difference the headliner makes in the summer/winter. Kinda hard to compare this accurately to a Wrangler since the JT's have a smaller cabin area overall.

·
Registered
24 Posts
O'boy..it's really said that what I say in this Forum bothers you, and or hurts your feelings. But that is never my intensions, so I apologize to you, and congrat's to you for owning a Diesel. In Forum's, members just share their opinion's. Just for what it is worth, yes I have Driven many Diesel powered truck, construction equipment, and 400 ton mining Haulage trucks. Detroit Diesel, Cummins and Caterpillar. I have also worked on these engines and rebuilt them. So if you really want to enjoy a Forum, then I suggest that you thicken up your skin.
I have very thick skin, you have driven a "Diesel powered truck" but not a 2021+ Diesel Jeep wrangler am I right? I am just pointing out the FACT that you seem to be bashing the Diesel version 3.0 V6 every chance you get even though you don't actually own one.. :).. Being a "retired moderator" maybe you could better spend your time doing actual real-time reviews instead of the armchair QB type crap you are spewing now? :cool:

·
Retired Moderator
100,473 Posts
I have very thick skin, you have driven a "Diesel powered truck" but not a 2021+ Diesel Jeep wrangler am I right? I am just pointing out the FACT that you seem to be bashing the Diesel version 3.0 V6 every chance you get even though you don't actually own one.. :).. Being a "retired moderator" maybe you could better spend your time doing actual real-time reviews instead of the armchair QB type crap you are spewing now? :cool:
I hurt your feelings, but I also apologized to you. You obviously just can’t let it go... You obviously have a problem. As for me, I will continue to say what I feel is correct. Nothing else needs to be said.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I hurt your feelings, but I also apologized to you. You obviously just can’t let it go... You obviously have a problem. As for me, I will continue to say what I feel is correct. Nothing else needs to be said.
You couldn't and would never "hurt" my "feelings" as I don't have any, just ask the wifey.. ;).. Until you have actually been in the drivers seat of a Wrangler Diesel for any length of time; you are doing nothing more than spewing misinformation, nothing else needs to be said.(y)

21 - 34 of 34 Posts