Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to switch out my sound bar speakers in my 2015 Jeep. I am looking for a coaxial speaker that is higher end than the Kicker everyone talks about. Any suggestion of what may fit.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I've been told (but have no experience yet) that Polk DB652 are good upgrade and the Polk mm652 are better. Crutch field says the DB fit my 2016 but mm don't but there are threads that guys have used the mm series so not sure the issue

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
I want to switch out my sound bar speakers in my 2015 Jeep. I am looking for a coaxial speaker that is higher end than the Kicker everyone talks about. Any suggestion of what may fit.
Any 6.5" speaker will fit. A 5.25" speaker will fit with an adapter. I believe Rockford Punch has a 6.75" that drops right it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
From what I've been told there is not a lot of 6.5 coaxial that will fit. I've been using Crutchfield as a guide and they do not show a lot of coaxial that will fit the sound bar on my 2015.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
From what I've been told there is not a lot of 6.5 coaxial that will fit. I've been using Crutchfield as a guide and they do not show a lot of coaxial that will fit the sound bar on my 2015.
Don't know about how you're searching, but I get 21 6.5" speakers showing up when I do a search for my 2015. I've got 6.5" coaxial speakers in my soundbar without issue.

·
Registered
387 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts

·
Grooving With A Pict
2,493 Posts
I've been told (but have no experience yet) that Polk DB652 are good upgrade and the Polk mm652 are better. Crutch field says the DB fit my 2016 but mm don't but there are threads that guys have used the mm series so not sure the issue
So for $89.00 I'm thinking of rolling the dice on these. Can anyone confirm they are plug n' play and require no modifications?

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
16,383 Posts
Most all 6.5's and 6.75's will fit with the Mopar adapter. The good vendors, like Crutchfield and SonicElectronix will include those adapters with your order.

The Polk's are nice and pretty popular. I like how Infinity's and JBL's sound, so I might do those instead. Important to get something with 93db efficiency or better. Also, if you can, get 3 ohm VC's. I used to recommend the 2 ohm speakers but not many are available these days...

Here's a nice little kit:

https://www.sonicelectronix.com/ite...WRANGLER-Infinity-Primus-Speaker-Upgrade.html

·
Registered
36 Posts
How do these sound compared to factory? I have the 430N, but with base audio, which is bad at best. The plug and play Mopar Kickers sound nice, but when places like Crutchfield offer free wiring harnesses and brackets, the possibilities open up. I'm not expecting to automatically get show quality sound by only swapping speakers, but I would like to be able to turn up the volume without cringing.

·
Super Moderator
16,383 Posts
@Chips17WU

They are vastly better than the stock speakers. Especially in the clarity and high frequency performance.

·
Grooving With A Pict
2,493 Posts
Installed the DB652's last night. Not impressed with them at all. The adapter rings are cheesy, the sheet metal screws they provided are barely long enough to attach the speaker basket to the adapter. I'm not impressed with the sound either. Now just to be clear, everything else is stock so I wasn't expecting a whole lot, but the mounting brackets and sound make me feel like I wasted $89.00 and should have spent more.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Installed the DB652's last night. Not impressed with them at all. The adapter rings are cheesy, the sheet metal screws they provided are barely long enough to attach the speaker basket to the adapter. I'm not impressed with the sound either. Now just to be clear, everything else is stock so I wasn't expecting a whole lot, but the mounting brackets and sound make me feel like I wasted $89.00 and should have spent more.
Looking at the DB652s now. Anything change? Do you have the stock or ALpine system?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts