Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 2015 JK and it did not have the alpine system in it. After listening to the radio, Satellite, and my iPhone, I've determined that the sound quality in my jeep isn't very good. It sounds like the audio is coming out of an old boombox... I know the satellite quality is bad but radio isn't much better... Has anyone else experienced this and any suggestions on non expensive solutions?

Thanks

·
Registered
351 Posts
LOL - I have the same system. But I knew that going in as I mostly listen to sports or talk radio so why spend on an upgraded system.

I figure if I want to upgrade I will go aftermarket products.

·
RETIRED MODERATER
36,226 Posts
:welcome: to the Forum..:wavey:

A sound system is only as good as the quality of the components installed and its acoustic surroundings.

Reflective frequency surroundings, also play a major part in it. Our Wranglers aren't really designed for premium sound quality. If you have a soft top, or hard top, then this will also make a difference.

I have the premium sound system in my 2013 Rubicon. I also have the hard top, but the overall sound quality, is only fair at best!!!!IMO

I have the Delco Bose system in my Escalade. This is what I am using as a reference, and it is of excellent quality!!!!IMO

A after Market Premium system will probably help, but don't expect it to be great.........:nonono:

But everybody's expectations very somewhat!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Funny that, Old Dogger.

Jeep has Alpine, sounds pretty good; Suburban 2500 has Bose with added sub and sounds spectacular. I attribute that to the sound deadening throughout the Burb.

·
Registered
351 Posts
The sound of Bose also has to do with Bose not just the car. As my stereo purist friends put it - Bose is not "TRUE" sound.

Bose studied the ear and what appeals to human hearing. He then amplified the sounds the ear likes to hear. This is why Bose sounds good to most people.

My musician friends and every studio in the world uses "flat" speakers - meaning you get true sound out of them. They do not sound as good naturally to the ears but they are the true sound - not enhanced or manipulated like Bose.

Bose sound manipulates frequencies to make the music more pleasing to the ear. It is not that they are better equipment.

So a Jeep might be a perfect vehicle to put a Bose replacement system into.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I just purchased a 2015 JK and it did not have the alpine system in it. After listening to the radio, Satellite, and my iPhone, I've determined that the sound quality in my jeep isn't very good. It sounds like the audio is coming out of an old boombox... I know the satellite quality is bad but radio isn't much better... Has anyone else experienced this and any suggestions on non expensive solutions?

Thanks
Install a powered sub. Then turn down ur bass at the reciver and turn up the treble. Cheap and made a huge difference in my last wrangler. You can buy a powered sub for around 200 bucks. Infinity BassLink is a great one.

Infinity BassLink Powered subwoofer: 200 watts and a 10" sub at Crutchfield.com

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have a 2012 and I've already had the dealership replace a speaker in the speakerbar. Most likely damaged my the previous owner. The speaker now, sounds even worse. What type of speakers for the speakerbar to do you suggest? The little front speakers I have no problem with. I should probably get a subwoofer as well.

·
Registered
61 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts