Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so im about to make a custom box for under my rear seat and replacing my console subwoofer. 2 channel amp, but im wondering where the heck i can put it UNSEEN! please give me some ideas. and PICS would rele help! :thumb:

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
650 Posts
^^^ That was going to be my recommendation as well. That's the only good way to add a subwoofer and not take up extra space.

Or one of the factory console subs, only modified..

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
put the amp under the driver seat or put it behind the rear seat. wherever you find room is fine!
my question is does it make the seat harder or anything? like can you tell there is a big wood box in it?

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
it wouldnt if done right like anything else. ima put 1" risers on my driver seat anyway. so ill hide it under there. im not putting it in the back. it kills the purpose of hidding your amp and subs. i already have a box for 2 10s that go in the back im trying to sell.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Just a thought for you....and this may not be what you want or need...but...I have some JL Audio XD series amps in mine. THey are super small and super powerful (have a 400 and a 600). THey would fit under the front seat(s) nicely though I put them under my back seat. My subs are in a down facing box that fits between the back seat and the door. It is a tight custom fit and the box can't really be seen unless the door is open or the seat is folded up. Paid $100 from a place online (can get info if you need). Basically...as you already know, not a lot of options for hiding stuff in the TJ...

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just a thought for you....and this may not be what you want or need...but...I have some JL Audio XD series amps in mine. THey are super small and super powerful (have a 400 and a 600). THey would fit under the front seat(s) nicely though I put them under my back seat. My subs are in a down facing box that fits between the back seat and the door. It is a tight custom fit and the box can't really be seen unless the door is open or the seat is folded up. Paid $100 from a place online (can get info if you need). Basically...as you already know, not a lot of options for hiding stuff in the TJ...
haha almost impossible to hide. i was thinking 150/300 6.5 console sub and a single 12" badass 800-1000w sub. i need a 2 or 3 channel amp. im thinking 600 true watt amp and bridgeable

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i already have a $100 custom box that down fires that fits in the rear. but it takes up all my little space. im trying to sell it currently

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
DAAANG thats small but i need a bridgeable amp

·
Registered
413 Posts
What are you doing with the sub on your console?

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have seen somewhere on the tj page that sombody had the amps under the dash.They might be small and yours sound big but its worth a look under there.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
WAY out my price range. im 16 and still owe 1500 for my jeep lol

·
Registered
759 Posts
2 10" with amp on the top fits absolutely perfect behind the back seat. Had to sacrifice my only space for storage but if im riding solo i have quick disconnects for the back seat or i just put the tool bags in the back corners. I always find a way to make do.

Picked this up for 50 bucks on craigslist, not the absolute best quality speakers but a huge improvement from the stock 3inchers that came with the ride. Also replaced those dash speakers with some 4x6 now my jeep feels LUXARY on the trail.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
There is a blank spot about amp sized under the steering column in the dash, check out my post for http://www.wranglerforum.com/f40/amp-placement-119244.html

I wanted to avoid the back seat options because I find my self pulling that out to haul things often, plus with kids and dogs and tools I want to keep as much utility to the jeep as possible.

·
Registered
723 Posts
I mounted my amp under my rear seat on drivers side and run a single 10
" sub in a small behind the seat truck box. I have room on each side of the box for jumper cables, fire extinguisher, etc. And when I go wheeling I just take the box out and pull the speaker wires off the amp. I used straps to hold the box in place that are attached to the loops on the floor. Works for me!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts