Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I am probably beating a dead horse here, but I have done alot of reading on here and have come up with my own idea for insulating the floor. I have already ordered the Bedrug carpet liner as it is waterproof and fairly easy to remove when needed. The floor of my YJ has already been bedlinered (is that a word?) so I don't want to put any sort of adhesive on it. I was thinking about attaching some polypropylene foam to the bottom side of the Bedrug material for added insulation. My thought here is that the polypropylene doesn't absorb water and by attaching it to the "carpet" it wouldn't be anything permanent and would keep the floor underneath looking nice, while being functional when I do take it out. Keep in mind 90% of my driving will be on the road so I am looking to deaden some of the drive train/transmission noise and add some temp control. That 10% of the time where I will be off road I will remove the proposed improved bedrug liner. Thoughts? Suggestions? Criticism?

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
Sounds great! Let me know how it works...like you I'm in the same boat. Mainly daily driven but would like it a little quieter inside. Post some pictures! Maybe it becomes a sticky?

·
Registered
23 Posts
For sure interested as well to see this outcome. not expecting a recording studio in my ride...but having a quite ride is good sometimes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts