Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need some help. I have a 90 with a 4.2. Just about got all the mechanicals sorted and ready to do the interior, then lift it. One last thing I can not figure out. There is a vibration and sound that I think is in the driveline maybe? Whe I first got it, it sounded like a warped rotor. A pulsing vibration and sound. A change lf rotors did not fix it. If you have ever flat spotted a tire, you know that thumping? That is what it feels and sounds like. I have also noticed that the transfer case seems to be slinging some ATF upwards, and actually thru the holes in the floor. Any ideas?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Not sure about that vibration your getting, but as far as the trans case, mine was doing that and i had popped the rear seal and had to change it out. pretty common prob , easy fix though , just get under there and see if that ATF is leaking where the driveshaft connects

·
Premium Member
10,093 Posts
I changed the seal and it continued to leak, turns out the yke had worn far enough where it contacted the seal. Yoke replaced no more leaks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts