Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Guys,

i bought some weeks ago a really nice 2002 Jeep Wrangler X.

The seller told me that the light in the Soundbar is not working. Now i think the wire harness is damaged?!

Is there a way to buy a new wire cable which is going from the soundbar to the radio?

I was looking online, but counld not find something.

Edit: there is no sound coming out of the soundbar...

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
I would check whether it works when you turn the headlight switch to the click position or if the other interior lights work when you open the doors. If no, I would check the fuse behind the glove box for the door defeat and check the bulb too. If yes, then i would pull the door switches and check behind them to make sure they are actually plugged in. It's a process of elimination. I doubt it is the wiring at this point.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would check whether it works when you turn the headlight switch to the click position or if the other interior lights work when you open the doors. If no, I would check the fuse behind the glove box for the door defeat and check the bulb too. If yes, then i would pull the door switches and check behind them to make sure they are actually plugged in. It's a process of elimination. I doubt it is the wiring at this point.
i did all of that. All fuses are ok. I replaced all little fuses yesterday.

Can i just go ahead and buy 6 new wires, put them together and use them with the connector??? This should help as well?!

·
Knows a couple things...
48,828 Posts
Hello Guys,

i bought some weeks ago a really nice 2002 Jeep Wrangler X.

The seller told me that the light in the Soundbar is not working. Now i think the wire harness is damaged?!

Is there a way to buy a new wire cable which is going from the soundbar to the radio?

I was looking online, but counld not find something.

Edit: there is no sound coming out of the soundbar...
Check the soundbar wiring connector at the top of the driver's side rollbar that connects to the soundbar. That connector I would first suspect is hidden under the padding that surrounds the rollbar.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Check the soundbar wiring connector at the top of the driver's side rollbar that connects to the soundbar. That connector I would first suspect is hidden under the padding that surrounds the rollbar.
I checked now everything....the connector to the soundbar seems to be ok. I guess its the radio harness in the back....i will buy a new one now at walmart

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I checked now everything....the connector to the soundbar seems to be ok. I guess its the radio harness in the back....i will buy a new one now at walmart
No Luck....put the soundbar now out....

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
let me see what i can do...have to disassemble quick the radio unit for pics...
We are talking about the soundbar, correct? This is why I was asking for pictures of the soundbar. Mainly, to see if it is the original soundbar or an aftermarket. Radio pictures aren't really necessary. It would also help to know what you have done to troubleshoot the problem. Troubleshooting electrical is not an easy thing to do, especially online with minimal information. Do the other interior lights work when you open the doors, except the soundbar light? Does the soundbar light work when you turn on the interior lights with the head lamp switch?

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
I don't believe its the radio harness, unless you are also having problems with the speakers. The soundbar light and the speakers are two different issues. This is sounding more and more like an aftermarket sound bar wiring issue. It seems that you are talking about speaker wiring and sound bar light wiring, which is two separate issues. So, is this a stock soundbar or an aftermarket sound bar? This is why I asked for pictures. Maybe, you don't know whether it is aftermarket or original equipment. Most Jeep enthusiasts can tell right away whether it is stock or aftermarket.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts