Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new 2012 Sahara and sometimes when the engine is off and the jeep is parked I hear a sound coming from the nav/radio center stack which sounds like a CD/DVD is trying to load. I don't have a CD/DVD inserted and it only seems to happen when I open the door. Has anyone else experienced this?

·
Registered
63 Posts
I noticed this as well from my 2013 Sport. I figured it was the system shutting down? I do have my preference set to keep power active for 45 seconds after the engine is off. I figure the sounds are related to that.

·
Registered
625 Posts
I get the same thing it sound like the hard drive spinning up. I'd guess that when you unlock you doors it is powering up the radio so that there is less of a delay once you start the Jeep. If you have just shut off the jeep, it is probably powering down, parking the hard drive and cd reader head.

Mine is set to no delay and it still does it.​

·
Registered
27 Posts
What Termite said, it is the hard drive spinning down... If you have an ipod somewhere permanently, you'll her it peep at you when you turn the key on or off as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts