Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I looking trough catalogs but don't seen to be able to find what I want. I'm looking for a amour plate rocker panel that runs up close to the door opening lip, curls an inch or so under , and runs all the way from wheel well to wheel well. Anybody know who makes such and animal or where i can get these fabed?

·
Registered
455 Posts
Would making one be an option? My friend made one from diamond plated steel he snatched from the junk yard.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Johnrmclean said:
Looks good but do they extend under the flairs to the wheel wells? That,s what I'm looking for.
I don't think there is one the goes under the flairs. That seems like it would be a pain. So no mine just go to the flairs

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
Lots of them go wheel well to wheel well under the flairs. Genright, Savvy, A to Z fab just to name a few. Many options out there, just on the net not in catalogs. Lots of threads with pics on here and elsewhere too.

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Lots of them go wheel well to wheel well under the flairs. Genright, Savvy, A to Z fab just to name a few. Many options out there, just on the net not in catalogs. Lots of threads with pics on here and elsewhere too.
I did not know that! I just looked at AtoZ fab and yup they have them. Good to know! :thumb:

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
take her down to a local weld and fab shop, see if they can make what you want at a price you want. I made my panels, and will be making my own roof basket in the spring. but im a fabricator. its what I do. you might be surprised at what some fabricator can do for your jeep.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Thanks ... I will check them out..and yes I'm considering just doing a local fab job as one option..

·
Registered
601 Posts
You can cut down a stock Rubicon LJ guard. It can be cut to extend to the rear wheel well. The front will stop at the flair.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You can cut down a stock Rubicon LJ guard. It can be cut to extend to the rear wheel well. The front will stop at the flair.

good to know

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Those aren't sliders, they are barely better than those plastic ones you can get.

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
If you have a drill and an angle grinder you can make your own rocker guards out of 1/4" angle iron. Super cheap and you can design them to fit however you like.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
If you have a drill and an angle grinder you can make your own rocker guards out of 1/4" angle iron. Super cheap and you can design them to fit however you like.
Pretty Heavy Duty!!!!!!!!!
I need to find a local metal supplier for small orders..the guy I used to use bit the dust...

·
I luv bourbonz!
3,105 Posts
Rokmen sliders go wheel well to wheel well... Depends on what your idea of "cheap" is...

They aren't the priciest out there...lol

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Johnrmclean said:
Pretty Heavy Duty!!!!!!!!!
I need to find a local metal supplier for small orders..the guy I used to use bit the dust...
Most larger suppliers will sell it to you, if you want just a straight piece then measure before and they will cut it to your spec.

·
Registered
500 Posts
CandC 4x4 out of Kenosha wisconsin. Wonderful guy, ask for Bob. Great prices can macke you what ever you want and its all cnc plasma cut.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts