Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I found the source of at least one of the dash rattles I have had in both my 2015JK and 2016JKU.

When taking out the stock stereo there is a black module, which I believe is the compass module, that is attached to the right side of the metal support ring that supports the back of the stereo.

This module is not real secure and its right side can rub up against the inside of the dash. The factory put foam on the back of the module where it is loosley secured to the metal brace, but not anywhere else. Some foam and/or a couple of zip ties around it will fix that.

Attachments

·
Registered
555 Posts
Will have to look at this next time I have the dash apart. Good catch!

Now if only I could stop the ignition switch from rattling...

·
Premium Member
878 Posts
Good find! Sometimes my hard top panels squeak and it can drive you crazy after a while.

·
Registered
159 Posts
That's a good one, Steve. It's sooo good to find the source of a rattle.

My horn/airbag hub rattled on uneven surfaces, it turned out that it has three metal nibs/feet on the hub to limit horn travel that were supposed to have foam on the ends. Only one had, and was off to the side. I placed dense adhesive foam on all three. Rattle cured!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts