Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back in the early spring I had the itch. The itch to buy a new car. I had recently just gotten a promotion at work and since I work copious amount of hours, decided it was time to spend some money on myself. My brother had a Jeep when I was younger which I had always admired. It was a 1999 TJ Sahara and I always loved how much different Wranglers were than any other car out there. I started looking at different Jeep dealers and shopping around. Educated myself on the different trim levels and what exactly all the fancy terms meant. After about 2 months of research I narrowed it down to exactly what I wanted. Wrangler Willys, Unlimited in Tank. My local dealers couldn't locate one that matched exactly what I wanted (JKU Tank Willys 23W (Power Group, 6 Speed), Alpine 9 Audio and Dual Top) so I decided to order one from the factory. After about a month of waiting, and countless phone calls to the dealer, chatting with Jeep Chat and pestering people here on the forums with questions (sorry, you know who you are) my new Wrangler finally got delivered!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here it is the day it got delivered to the dealer.

Attachments

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ended up getting the dealer to install a 2" MOPAR lift (for warranty reasons) and swap out the stock 32" mud terrains for 315/70/R17 GoodYear Duratracs. Also have 1.5" wheel spacers on for rub issues.

Attachments

·
Registered
649 Posts
Gratz and welcome to the family! Love the color! If I was to get another jeep it would either be Tank or Copper Brown. And already spending money on it, uh oh. You're doomed... ha! What do you have planned for next?

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
Subscribed....my story to the T, well not including the brother part since I have 6 sisters, but it sounds like my story, couldn't locate one anywhere (tank, jku, alpine system, 6 speed, willys wheeler, power everything dual top, engine heater, extra airbags) now you just got me excited, she should be in any day hopefully. Good luck she looks beautiful what's next on the list?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Trimmed the rubi rails and added barricade rock sliders. Also installed Grabars (pics of all to come tomorrow). Also need to order the teraflex hinged carrier for the spare wheel since the Duratracs won't fit on the stock carrier. Also debating locking lug nuts for the wheels. Mounted the hard top in the garage the other day (hanging in the corner with two ratchet straps) since I'll only be taking it off and putting it on once per year.

Thanks for looking!

Joel

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Time for some more pics!

Trimmed up the rubicon rails yesterday, installed my barricade rock rails and also installed my rugged ridge grill guard to add some more protection. Coming along nicely and drives like a top! Got back from a road trip this past weekend and managed just over 19mpg on the highway traveling at about 72mph in 6th gear. Shoutout to @xtryan for the incredible deals from extreme terrain and the great customer service. Ran into a SNAFU with the first set of rock rails I ordered (damages during shipping) and they were prompt to ship me out a new set no questions asked. All shipping paid for (which you can't beat for 86 pound rock rails)

Anyways, to the pictures!

Attachments

·
ExtremeTerrain.com Sponsoring Vendor
6,005 Posts
Time for some more pics!

Trimmed up the rubicon rails yesterday, installed my barricade rock rails and also installed my rugged ridge grill guard to add some more protection. Coming along nicely and drives like a top! Got back from a road trip this past weekend and managed just over 19mpg on the highway traveling at about 72mph in 6th gear. Shoutout to @xtryan for the incredible deals from extreme terrain and the great customer service. Ran into a SNAFU with the first set of rock rails I ordered (damages during shipping) and they were prompt to ship me out a new set no questions asked. All shipping paid for (which you can't beat for 86 pound rock rails)

Anyways, to the pictures!
The rig is looking great! I absolutely love that color. Keep up the good work and let me know when you're ready for the next mod!

-Ryan

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
Nice I like the rock rails, they work with the rock rails that come on the willys, they probably make getting in it a lot easier, and the mesh guards are on order wow this is getting weird I like your style sour. Keep the pics coming I'm living through you right now, until she's in my driveway anyway

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Took the top down and front doors off for a few errands around town yesterday. Wow! What a difference in experience. With the top and doors on it's quite a refined vehicle if you ask me; fairly quiet and stable. With the top off and doors off it rides like a roller coaster ride. Incredibly fun and free. Stuck my leg out the door and rested it on the rock rail (when I wasn't shifting) and got some odd looks from people. What an incredible experience, wish we didn't have as many storms around here or I'd leave the doors off more often!

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey Sour, just got my 2015 willys unlimited (anvil!) this week - love it as much as it sounds like you love yours! How hard was it to remove the hard top? Haven't dared that yet. I live in an area that gets rain randomly so trying to figure out the best soft top option. Something that isn't too hard to open & close but still pretty rainproof. Any tips?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey Sour, just got my 2015 willys unlimited (anvil!) this week - love it as much as it sounds like you love yours! How hard was it to remove the hard top? Haven't dared that yet. I live in an area that gets rain randomly so trying to figure out the best soft top option. Something that isn't too hard to open & close but still pretty rainproof. Any tips?
I got the dual top, so the only experience I have is the premium soft top so far, which is an incredible product in and of itself. That being said the hardtop isn't so much too heavy to remove as it is awkward. I had a buddy of mine come over and help me since my GF couldn't lift it on her side. You def need minimum two people if you are manually taking it off. Other than that, pop the freedoms panels out which is a one person job, take the 8 bolts out and it lifts right off. Very straight forward. Like I said just two decent size me. I stand 6' 6" and my buddy is 6' 4" and we had no problem taking it off. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Taking them as we speak... Waiting for the sun to go down a little bit more but here is an idea. Gonna take some where it is and also on the helipad we have here at work at dusk. Enjoy these but more to come!

Attachments

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
For your viewing pleasure.

Attachments

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have the same color Willys on order, your pics are making me very impatient! Looks great brother!
Congrats on your order! You'll be overwhelmed when you get it!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts