Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Administrator
42,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Back the Blue

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxAewgJHyxg

This second annual event honoring our Law Enforcement Officers sponsored by DM Military Jeepers & Tucson Jeeps Back the Blue.

• Date: September 23rd 2017
  • Convoy start time: 8:30 AM
  • Convoy start location: Harkens Theatre in Marana
  • Event location: The Arizona MotorPlex 4300 E. Los Reales Rd in Tucson
  • Event times: 9AM - 2 PM
It will consist of a Convoy down I-10 from the Harkins Theatre at 5755 N Business Park Dr, Tucson, AZ 85743. Please be in place no later than 8:20 since the convoy will be leaving at 8:30 (to be in place at the Motorplex NLT 9:00)

There will be Law Enforcement displays, vendors, a HUGE raffle, food trucks and entertainment for the kids (jumping castle, etc.).

Last year there were over 250 Jeeps in the convoy from both Central and Southern Arizona and we expect this one to be even bigger!

Lets all come and honor our boys in blue!
(or black or brown but you get the idea)

·
Super Moderator
16,383 Posts
Last years event was BIG. We're going to make it down this year barring any scheduling conflicts.

Reactions: Beastmaster

·
Administrator
42,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
- CONVOY UPDATE -

We are a little over a month away and have a CHANGE for the starting point of the convoy (I changed the first post too)

We will now be parking and lining up in front of the Harkins Theatre at 5755 N Business Park Dr, Tucson, AZ 85743.

I'm going to be at the end point (The Arizona Motorplex) with my old Jeep so hope to see you there.

·
Administrator
42,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
This event is getting pretty big. As I mentioned in the first post, last year's convoy had over 250 Jeeps in it and we expect even more this year. There are dozens of items in the raffle and more are being added all the time.

They also have a couple of web pages in addition to their Facebook page if you are interested

Event page with pics and vids: Tucson Jeeps | Back The Blue Event 2017

Page for items available in the raffle: Tucson Jeeps | Back The Blue 2017 Sponsors & Raffle Gear

·
Administrator
42,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
- UPDATE: New Convoy Start Time -

This update just posted on their Facebook page:​

Its official the Pima County Sheriff's Department will be assisting us getting onto I-10 from our starting point. The Sheriff's will make their way to the exit we will get off at and assist us with exiting the freeway and all the way to our event. Keep in mind once we are all on the freeway we will still have to let cars into merge and/or exit the freeway. ...
Starting point will be 5755 N Business Park Dr. Tucson AZ. If you are going to convoy you need to be there by 8:20
We will leave from there at 0830 so that we can be at the venue in time for the 9 am start of the event. Once the Convoy arrives the event will officially start.
For those that do not want to join the convoy the address to the venue is 4300 Los Reales Rd Tucson AZ 85756. Please use the Pit entrance gate (It will be marked with signs)
There will be 3 lines to pick up items.
1 Line for T-shirts/Decals
1 Line for Raffle Tickets
1 Line for Pre-Sold T-shirts
Raffle will close at 1200.
Starting at 1230 we will have a special presentation with 2 confirmed Officers with the possibility of a 3rd officer. Promptly after that we will start the raffle and present the Tucson Police Foundation with the funds raised.
Slight modifications to timeline could happen but nothing with the starting point or starting time will change.
I'll update if there are any more changes.

·
Registered
423 Posts
I wish I could be there. As a LEO I thank you for the support, its not felt in these days and times like it was 23 yrs ago when I started.

·
Registered
7,871 Posts
For those of us that CCW what is the policy at this event? Thanks.

·
Administrator
42,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The latest greatest from their Facebook page:

EVENT DETAIL
DATE – SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 23
Time – 8:20am to 2pm
Its official the Pima County Sheriff’s Department will be assisting us getting onto I-10 from our starting point. The Sheriff’s will make their way to the exit we will get off at and assist us with exiting the freeway and all the way to our event. Keep in mind once we are all on the freeway we will still have to let cars into merge and/or exit the freeway.
Starting point will be 5755 N Business Park Dr. Tucson AZ. If you are going to convoy you need to be there by 8:20
We will leave from there at 08:30 so that we can be at the venue in time for the 9 am start of the event. Once the Convoy arrives the event will officially start.
For those that do n...ot want to join the convoy the address to the venue is 4300 Los Reales Rd Tucson AZ 85756. Please use the Pit entrance gate (It will be marked with signs)
There will be 3 lines to pick up items.
1 Line for T-shirts/Decals
1 Line for Raffle Tickets
1 Line for Pre-Sold T-shirts
Raffle will close at 12;00.
Starting at 12:30 we will have a special presentation with 2 confirmed Officers with the possibility of a 3rd officer. Promptly after that we will start the raffle and present the Tucson Police Foundation with the funds raised.
Slight modifications to timeline could happen but nothing with the starting point or starting time will change.
Other information to follow.
Contact for more info:
Gabe Spurling – [email protected]
Ryan Armstrong – [email protected]

EVENT PURPOSE AND CLARITY
Tucson Jeeps and DM Military Jeepers, organizers of the BACK THE BLUE event on September 23rd, want to remind participants and non-participants alike that this is a family-friendly, fund raising event and should in no way be construed to be a political event of any kind. Proceeds from raffles, sticker and tee shirts sales will be donated to the Tucson Police Foundation. Attendees are asked to bring cases of drinking water which will be donated to Fisher House and to Ronald McDonald House. We invite you all to bring your families and demonstrate the community spirit that is such a big part of Jeeping. But let’s leave politics at home for the day. Thank you.

·
Super Moderator
16,383 Posts
Still a possibility for us, but it's becoming more likely that my daughter will have her baby on Saturday... I know right, how do you "plan" that? Well apparently they now have many ways to induce labor other than drugs.

We'll see, but her doctor visit tomorrow will likely make the decision for us.

Cheers!

·
Administrator
42,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Still a possibility for us, but it's becoming more likely that my daughter will have her baby on Saturday... I know right, how do you "plan" that? Well apparently they now have many ways to induce labor other than drugs.

We'll see, but her doctor visit tomorrow will likely make the decision for us.

Cheers!
No worries :happyyes:

Hope all goes well, Rod :drinks:

·
Administrator
42,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I won't be in the convoy since I'll have the old Jeep so I'll meet everyone at the track.

Here is the latest update from their Facebook page:

Are we excited about Saturday yet? Well I know us over here in the HQ are ready for the fun day to start. We would like to pass along some last bit of details and reminders before the big day.

Water donations. Please don't forget them. We hope to break last yrs total of 286 cases of water so if you can remember please grab a case on ur way to the event. This yr we will be splitting them between the Ronald McDonald House and Fisher House of Southern Arizona.

********** Huge Favor **********
We will have drones up in the air at the starting point and at the event. They have been working hard on planning and getting their flight paths down. So with that said we can not have any one else have their drones up in the air at the start of the event or at the track. I think you will like the footage and different approaches these guys are working for us.

Please leave the alcohol at home. I know us jeepers like our beer but for this day please leave it at home.
If you have camping chairs please bring them.
If you are not in the convoy and just want to show up at the track please do so. We will be arriving at approx 9 AM.

·
Super Moderator
16,383 Posts
I hope the event was a massive success! I can't wait to see photo's and drone footage.

My daughter had some mild contractions today, but no baby...

·
Administrator
42,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I hope the event was a massive success! I can't wait to see photo's and drone footage.

My daughter had some mild contractions today, but no baby...
It was a huge success!
  • 575 vehicles in the convoy
  • Over two dozen more waiting at the track for over 600 total
  • Over $10,655 raised for the Tucson police Foundation
  • Almost 300 cases of water collected for Fisher House and Ronald McDonald House.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,871 Posts
Great event. Thank you to everyone involved and especially for the large law enforcement presence and support of the event.

Short video of the convoy on I-10 and a Police traffic break. Things were a little hairy trying to keep the convoy together as there was traffic constantly merging in and exiting. Probably would have been better to get in the No. 1 lane and stay there for the duration of the I-10 jaunt. A big thanks to the Police for trying to ease things with a traffic break.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idTJyRd6WH0

Reactions: Beastmaster
1 - 20 of 20 Posts