Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hoping to do some Badge of Honor midwest trails this summer. Has anyone been to SMORR and done Peewee's Crossing or Guard Rail? I've got a 2014 JK with 35" tires and a 2.5 lift. Not a ton of trail experience but some. No winch.

How hard are these trails? Will the park likely be crowded on a June Saturday? Anything I need to know about the area?

·
Administrator
17,003 Posts
The trails are marked well with their difficulty rating, for 35s threes and some fours are fine. It's a great facility and there will be plenty of people you can join in with. Most of the harder obstacles have a go around if you're not comfortable doing them.

IMO Peewee and Guardrail are pretty mild trails.

We've been several times, last September I was watching some Jeeps go up a waterfall, turned around and my wife had jumped in mine and was heading up ROCKER KNOCKER with her friend.

Little bit later she went up V-NOTCH.

https://youtu.be/oV9S39fORW4?t=32

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The trails are marked well with their difficulty rating, for 35s threes and some fours are fine. It's a great facility and there will be plenty of people you can join in with. Most of the harder obstacles have a go around if you're not comfortable doing them.

Great videos - looks like fun! Thanks for your input!

·
Registered
442 Posts
Did you go down there yet? SMORR is awesome! Love that place.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Did you go down there yet? SMORR is awesome! Love that place.
Yes! We made it down to SMORR and loved it. Did a bunch of trails and met some great people. The owner is awesome. Unfortunately we only had one day on the trails. We need to get back down and camp for a week when it's not so hot and humid.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Yes! We made it down to SMORR and loved it. Did a bunch of trails and met some great people. The owner is awesome. Unfortunately we only had one day on the trails. We need to get back down and camp for a week when it's not so hot and humid.
Heh, just saw your location... yeah, I'm sure the heat is tough on you. My wife grew up on Waukesha.

Reactions: sipde

·
Registered
2017 JKR...
1,901 Posts

We've been several times, last September I was watching some Jeeps go up a waterfall, turned around and my wife had jumped in mine and was heading up ROCKER KNOCKER with her friend.

Little bit later she went up V-NOTCH.

You need some spring retainers in that thing or?

·
Registered
224 Posts
I'm planning my first trip to SMORR in Springfield, MO. This will be my first 4x4 trip with my wife, and my first real 4x4 trip in probably 15 years. As such we're wanting to take it a bit easy as we're going by ourselves.

I'm wanting to hit up Pewee's Crossing and Guard Rail while I'm there. I'm looking for a sanity check on my route from those who have more experience with the area.

I'm thinking coming into the park up Ranch Hand to Ceder Lake. Start Pewee's Crossing off Ceder Lake and follow it to the ends at Ranch Hand. Take Ranch Hand to Cavern Creek. Follow that to where it ends on Ranch Road near AVD Hill. Turn around and follow Ranch Hand till it hits Eastwood. Follow Eastwood until it hits the east side of Yellow Jacket. Take that up to Guard Rail, follow Guard Rail east and then take Eastwood back to Rand Road.

Does this sound like a doable route?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I've been too SMORR once and on a Saturday. There were lots of other vehicles (mostly ATVs) on Pee Wee, but no one else on Guard Rail when I was there. I believe strongly that you should never wheel alone. Period. YMMV...

·
Registered
2017 JKR...
1,901 Posts
I just got back from SMORR 3 days ago...did the 2 boh trails flex and stuff...side saddle...and v notch...I don't have the map in front of me but you'll be fine on peewee and as long as it's not wet you'll be ok on guard rail...hope hills don't scare you...guard rail has a nice descent and a good climb out...if you've never used HDC it's pretty cool....it's a great park...I'd love to go back...

·
Registered
2017 JKR...
1,901 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts