Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

21 - 40 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
I'm in Fairfield and always down to meet new people. I'll be around until 20th or so of Jan.

I'm in Brunswick Maine so if you're ever in northern NH let me know I've got a couple friends who've been checking out nh a lot
Sounds good man- will do! Looking to hit some of the Class VI roads, also have a good buddy who runs a Rover crew in VT around the area that holds the overland challenge each year. Some great camping, mild to moderate difficulty as far as the wheeling...maybe 1 or 2 winch spots to pull over some obstacles and that's the worst of it.

Fired up to check it out

·
Registered
655 Posts
I'm down for setting up an earlier meet too, especially to expand contacts for trailing and out of state trips...
Awesome. I actually won't be stateside till the 15th/16th, but don't let me hold you guys back

·
Registered
655 Posts
Sounds good man- will do! Looking to hit some of the Class VI roads, also have a good buddy who runs a Rover crew in VT around the area that holds the overland challenge each year. Some great camping, mild to moderate difficulty as far as the wheeling...maybe 1 or 2 winch spots to pull over some obstacles and that's the worst of it. Fired up to check it out
Sounds good. There are a couple light trails in mass I know of on the drive up too. Or they at least used to be... pm me and I'm happy to send them to you

Parents actually own a 110 back over the pond. Fun cars. Didn't realize there were so many over here.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Wow it's been a while since I've been on. Didn't expect a lot more replies!

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
Yes it's finally becoming an active thread! Is there going to be a January meet up? If so when and where, where to?

·
Registered
754 Posts
Sounds good. There are a couple light trails in mass I know of on the drive up too. Or they at least used to be... pm me and I'm happy to send them to you

Parents actually own a 110 back over the pond. Fun cars. Didn't realize there were so many over here.
I've been toying with the idea of springing for a D90 for years, unfortunately they are only becoming more scarce and even more expensive.....

·
Registered
315 Posts
I'm in keep me posted for any meet ups, I'll be there if I can

·
Registered
655 Posts
I've been toying with the idea of springing for a D90 for years, unfortunately they are only becoming more scarce and even more expensive.....
Yeah cheapest way is to find an old one in the UK(they go for nothing) and ship it over. Paperwork and shipping ends up being like 2000$ but in the end it's a hell of a lot cheaper than buying one here. Only catch is that the LR has to be 25 years old. But they really haven't changed much since then. No airbags still...

·
Registered
194 Posts
Really doesn't matter what part of the state you're from, if you want to do some real wheeling, join a club. I roll with two clubs, we have PLENTY of places in CT, MA, and VT to wheel that range from easy (suitable for stockers) to potential roll over nasty ledge trails.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Do you mind disclosing the names of these clubs? Thanks
I'll give you one of them.. Northeast Jeep. Wheeling trip monthly as well as other events. Highly recommend.

The other club is in the making and I will disclose once we are official and taking probationary members.

You can also check out ECOJOCS. This is a new club in CT.

There are several others.

If there is enough interest I could organize a trail ride, I have exclusive access to 500 acres in Sherman that a very small group of us wheel. It ranges from easy/moderate on main trail to very difficult on the optional climbs. Your jeep will come off this trail with Vermont pinstripes for sure and if you're a stocker and don't know how to wheel, you'll def take some rocks to the undercarriage, and potentially tear your wheels up a bit. It is very tight in places. This is not a gravel Sunday drive type of place at all.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Look into clubs.

Every organized wheeling trip I've been on has several groups. Typically an easy trail for the stockers/newb's, a moderate/hard group, and a full on hard group. Easy trail jeeps come back with a little mud on them maybe.. Mod hard usually has minimum modification requirements based on difficulty.. And the hard trails - bring your big boy pants.

Good luck

21 - 40 of 77 Posts