Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

41 - 60 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
I'll give you one of them.. Northeast Jeep. Wheeling trip monthly as well as other events. Highly recommend.

The other club is in the making and I will disclose once we are official and taking probationary members.

You can also check out ECOJOCS. This is a new club in CT.

There are several others.

If there is enough interest I could organize a trail ride, I have exclusive access to 500 acres in Sherman that a very small group of us wheel. It ranges from easy/moderate on main trail to very difficult on the optional climbs. Your jeep will come off this trail with Vermont pinstripes for sure and if you're a stocker and don't know how to wheel, you'll def take some rocks to the undercarriage, and potentially tear your wheels up a bit. It is very tight in places. This is not a gravel Sunday drive type of place at all.
Count me in for a Sherman run

·
Registered
143 Posts
Wow there's a good amount of west haven people
On here!! This gets me real excited!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Milford here. Jeep noob, in process of finalizing build. Would be interested in connecting with group for some light off-road stuff in spring. Where are folks landing as it relates to hooking up with established groups noted in this thread?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Milford here. Jeep noob, in process of finalizing build. Would be interested in connecting with group for some light off-road stuff in spring. Where are folks landing as it relates to hooking up with established groups noted in this thread?
May be we all newbies should start a group and meet up.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Count me in.

Also, any recommendations for knowledgable 4x4 shops that can install mods? Currently working with Extreme Vehicle Builders (evbcc.com) in Danbury. Solid dudes with good reviews from folks I know, but not very convenient (and they are super busy). Basically, couldn't find anyone else, so curious who's out there in southern CT.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Count me in.

Also, any recommendations for knowledgable 4x4 shops that can install mods? Currently working with Extreme Vehicle Builders (evbcc.com) in Danbury. Solid dudes with good reviews from folks I know, but not very convenient (and they are super busy). Basically, couldn't find anyone else, so curious who's out there in southern CT.
I had some work done at EVB (ball joints)- very expensive, but the work was good.

·
Registered
194 Posts
EVB is the most expensive shop I've contacted in the state. Not sure what "mods" you're talking about, but the wrangler is probably the easiest vehicle to work on ever.

What are you looking to have installed?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Lift, wheels/tires and bumpers/winch/lights. Being new to jeeps, I'm pretty much a dumbshit and want to work with someone that knows jeeps well. Particularly for lift/wheels/tires as I'm fearful of messing up the onroad performance. I'm guessing there are others out there but I've had difficulty finding them. All roads seem to be leading back to EVB.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Lift, wheels/tires and bumpers/winch/lights. Being new to jeeps, I'm pretty much a dumbshit and want to work with someone that knows jeeps well. Particularly for lift/wheels/tires as I'm fearful of messing up the onroad performance. I'm guessing there are others out there but I've had difficulty finding them. All roads seem to be leading back to EVB.
Have you purchased a lift yet? If so, which ?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Have purchased anything yet. Was looking at AEV 2.5" for the lift. They are telling me it is one of the better onroad lifts for 2dr. Given that it is mostly a road vehicle (maybe light off road a few times a year) road performance is important to me (not going to a hard core rock crawler by any means).

·
Registered
50 Posts
Lower Fairfield County, here.

Are people still willing to meet to go on local roads like Porter Rd or Pearmain Road. If figure with 2 or more jeeps it would be fun to hit some of these roads with all the snow.

If interested PM me.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Not from CT but if you guys make some runs on the eastern side of CT, I'll swing over and meet up with you guys. I'm in Coventry, RI.
-Frank

·
Registered
405 Posts
@baron95 - Darien here. The snow is gone, but I know nothing of these roads and if worth hitting them in the summer, count me in.

Matt

·
Registered
51 Posts
@Matt I'm Darien also most of the days and although there's nothing I've found locally (that's legal), there is some property upstate NY and CT that has trails. I'm planning a trip to Rausch too one of these upcoming weekends (not exactly sure on date just yet) but you're welcome to join if you're interested. We'll be doing green and blue trails for an easy day off road. Invite is open to anyone else here that wants to head out for a day

·
Registered
405 Posts
@NewEnglandNomad YES!!! Welcome friend! Great to see another around the area!

I'm starting a new job soon so the 3hr trip might be tough to squeeze, but I will certainly try.

Have you found any beaches around here you can drive on? The Darien ones look a strong NO.

·
Registered
51 Posts
There are no local beaches that you can drive on in Fairfield County - at least none that I know of in my 20 something years here. There are a few that you can pull a couple feet onto the sand but it's not like Long Island or even in other states where you can drive directly on and set up site for the day.

The Rausch trips we plan will always be weekends either saturday or sunday depending on our schedules (I have friends that drive out from NY, VA, and CT) so it's whenever we can get together. If a certain day works best for you just let me know... My contact email should be in my profile but if not it's since41ct (at) gmail...... (not finishing it due to spambots)

·
Registered
24 Posts
I realize this is an old thread but did any of you end up meeting up? I'm in Branford but have no problem driving to anywhere in CT. My family is actually in MA and I go there often.

41 - 60 of 77 Posts