Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

61 - 77 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'd be interested in running or meeting up if your club does any public meets or runs. Or occasionally we run some public events and if anyone would like to join in those you're more than welcome. We run from stock friendly up to full buggy runs.
http://www.oceanstatejeepsters.com

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
I know I am late to the party but I am also in the Stamford area and looking for fellow jeepers to meet and greet and have an occasional wrenching party and perhaps wheeling parties with from time to time my Jeep is sadly bone stock right now aside from the led fog lamps I installed

·
Registered
10 Posts
Stamford here new to forum with a specific question. 2014 JKU I'm putting 285/70R17s on this Saturday and thinking of adding 1.5 inch spidertrax spacers. 2 questions. Will these spacers cause the tires to jut out from the febders? And if so is that legal in CT? Thinking of also maybe adding a TF 1.5 leveling kit but TBD on that for now. Any help from people in CT who have done something similar would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
357 Posts
The spacers will likely put the tires outside the fenders, which is in violation of CT DMV rules. But so are a lot of other things that go ignored by the police. Like auxiliary lights placed no higher than headlights. Front license plate. I believe lifts are limited to 4" Max. But unless you are violating the law in some other manner, the Stamford Police won't bother you.

If you need help installing the leveling kit, let me know. It's any easy install.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks. So I had Falken Wildpeak AT3s installed Saturday based on recommendation of tire dealer. 285/70r17s. Tire looks great. I'm noticing some rubbing at full turn though. Would the TF leveling kit fix this or do I need to get new wheels. I kept stock wheels for now as I actually like the look and I've been discouraged from getting wheel spacers from a few auto body shops I reached out to as well as from stuff I have read on this forum. Thoughts?

·
Registered
10 Posts
They think the spacers are dangerous and actually wont install. Tried 3 different places and makes me nervous now. Will the TV leveling kit help or do I need new wheels if spacers/adapters are out?

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
I have 1.75" ADAPTERS on my 2015 JK WW. 285/70/17's (Duratracs) on stock WW wheels. Just shy of 80,000 miles with not a single issue. When I had the tires installed at one of the larger tire companies here in New England, they had no issue installing the adapters at the same time.

Take note that spacers and adapters are different animals.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks. Yeah I meant to say adapters and understand wrong terminology s
Is used. I was thinking of the spidertrax 1.5 adapters and that's what I discussed with the shops. How often do you need to check the torque on them though? I've heard like after 100 miles and after every oil change. Realistically I am not going to be checking on them that often. Looking for more plug and play solution. Thoughts?

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
They are loctited in place. I checked then @ the first tire rotation and haven't touched them since. I don't want to break the loctite bond.

Thanks. Yeah I meant to say adapters and understand wrong terminology s
Is used. I was thinking of the spidertrax 1.5 adapters and that's what I discussed with the shops. How often do you need to check the torque on them though? I've heard like after 100 miles and after every oil change. Realistically I am not going to be checking on them that often. Looking for more plug and play solution. Thoughts?

·
Registered
5 Posts
good morning, currently in Enfield, and purchased a 2018 jku sahara, first jeep owned and loving it, just a little underpowered I think. would definitely gtg with fellow jeepers, I also belong to NEMC, New England Mopar Club, which we do several events all yr long.

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
I’m out of Orange and have been cruising the beaches just waiting on springtime!

61 - 77 of 77 Posts