Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got an 06 Rubi that is carrying a lot of weight. Rear bumper, tire carrier, full size 33 mud terrain, front bumper winch etc...

Installed 3" zone lift and have regrets as I wish I had more height.

Could I simply just add 1" spacers under my coils for a little extra boost or am I going to run into problems?

I don't think I would be interested installing a body lift.

Thanks

·
Registered
728 Posts
Is everything sagging? If so, I would talk to Dirk at DPG off road and ask him about the OME Heavy duty springs.

·
Registered
8,952 Posts
I got an 06 Rubi that is carrying a lot of weight. Rear bumper, tire carrier, full size 33 mud terrain, front bumper winch etc...

Installed 3" zone lift and have regrets as I wish I had more height.

Could I simply just add 1" spacers under my coils for a little extra boost or am I going to run into problems?

I don't think I would be interested installing a body lift.

Thanks
simple answer: you need springs of the proper spring rate and length to get you to the height you want while carrying the weight.

if you have 3" lift components now and want 4" of lift, you may also need to do other mods....so just keep that in mind.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I had a similar problem over the past year. I had the med/Hvy OME TJ coils. When ever I filled up the spare fuel cans and filled the rack with cooler, etc the rear would sag. I did try a spacer as a cheap option for the past few months, but still have a sag problem although not as prevalent.

After reading numerous responses from Unlimited on this very subject and talking with Dirk at DPG, I finally opted to get the proper OME springs (LJ) from DPG. I should have them next week.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had a similar problem over the past year. I had the med/Hvy OME TJ coils. When ever I filled up the spare fuel cans and filled the rack with cooler, etc the rear would sag. I did try a spacer as a cheap option for the past few months, but still have a sag problem although not as prevalent. After reading numerous responses from Unlimited on this very subject and talking with Dirk at DPG, I finally opted to get the proper OME springs (LJ) from DPG. I should have them next week.
Thanks for the info, lifts only 6 months old so I was thinking cheapest way possible to get a little boost.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts