Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question...my wife has a 2 door JK Sport with a 2" spacer lift on the factory shocks and springs. If I install a set of take off Rubicon shocks and springs, will it throw anything off? I believe the Rubi take offs are a little higher then the sport and I don't want to throw off any of the geometry and have to change other parts. Thanks for any help or guidance.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Id like to know this as well. I've got the Rubi parts in the garage and have been debating on getting the teraflex 2" front and 1" rear spacer kit.

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
What are the spring numbers you currently have? General rule is you will gain 1/4" with each number increase. For example, by going from a 14 front spring to an 18 would give you about 1" lift up front. It also depends on how much weight from aftermarket add on's (bumpers, skid guards, rails, etc.) you are carrying. As far as the shocks, the Rubicon shocks are better quality compared to your Sport ones as they are gas filled. Ride will be more firm which you may or may not like. The shocks won't do anything related to the geometry. You should be fine as far as not having to change other parts. Check the sway bar level when done just to verify no need to have longer sway bar links but I suspect you should be fine. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the info...greatly appreciate it! I'll check the spring numbers this morning and go from there. My main concern was that adding the slightly taller spring along with the 2" spacers would throw something out of line. Thanks again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts