Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my 1.5 inch spacer on stock rims why aren't the spacers hub centric? I heard tire balance is never guaranteed as the spacers are just centered by the lug nuts holding it because they won't fit in the hub

·
Registered
8,554 Posts
What kind of spacers do you have? SpiderTrax for example are indeed hub centric.

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
Not sure dealer put em on
A lot of dealers and tire shops won't put em on for you for liability reasons.

Personally, I wouldn't use spacers that weren't hub centric.

·
Premium Member
1,132 Posts
Well.....

........... here in my town, most shops will not inspect or do tire work on vehicles with spacers :thumb:

Spacers cause undue stress on wear-parts, that in the end will cost you more than a new ste of wheels :thumb:

Don't take my word for it, check with kbwwolf and Jimbox and see if they do not agree :wavey:

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hmm I'll look into it. I think spacers are fine and safe as long as their properly maintained checked and torqued every 3k miles

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
Hmm I'll look into it. I think spacers are fine and safe as long as their properly maintained checked and torqued every 3k miles
Willee's right about the wear, they CAN put a lotta stress on your wheel bearings. But since you're using 1.5"ers with 6.25" bs wheels, it's similar to running wheels w/4.75" bs. So you shouldn't have wear problems.

They're illegal in some states, though. In VA for example (where Willee lives), your Jeep won't pass inspection with em on. Worth checking. :thumb:

You might look into selling the ones you've got and buying some Spidertrax, which are hub centric.

Or just roll w/the babe you're taking to the prom.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
kbwwolf said:
Willee's right about the wear, they CAN put a lotta stress on your wheel bearings. But since you're using 1.5"ers with 6.25" bs wheels, it's similar to running wheels w/4.75" bs. So you shouldn't have wear problems.

They're illegal in some states, though. In VA for example (where Willee lives), your Jeep won't pass inspection with em on. Worth checking. :thumb:

You might look into selling the ones you've got and buying some Spidertrax, which are hub centric.

Or just roll w/the babe you're taking to the prom.
Yeah I might just get some spiders but for now their okay she rides great and takes best dressed at this prom. Thanks for all the input guys!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts